"yea, I was hoping you could choose where and it'll be on me." I said she nodded with an amused smile "you have no idea where to take us do you?" she said

"No, I'm not from around these areas." I said

"Alright." she said gesturing for me to follow her out. Once she locked up I was nervous since this is supposed to be a date but it feels like Veronica wasn't taking it as so. We didn't speak much more like didn't utter one word it was dead silent.

Sitting in her car as she drove to a café that was well known amongst the towns people. I wanted to know what she was thinking what her dreams were, if she wanted to just remain as she is now.

Once we got to the small dinner café we ordered but it was sorta full; families were here enjoying the weekend from work and school. It was like any other dinner the wooden walls and marble floors, the walls were decorated with the small frames that showed the towns history. As we waited for the waitress to bring the order I scanned the café feeling the presence of some werewolves that were just here to eat but the thing I didn't like is they were here in this café not to mention that they were males.

"Stop glaring at them." Veronica said I just frown at her cause I wasn't glaring I was only glancing.

" I was just glancing not glaring." I corrected her she just glanced at what I was observing only to smirk playfully at what she saw the idea of males that were what it seemed to be my age. One had blond hair with green eyes, the other was similar except his eyes were brown, their was a dark haired guy but he was older he had a small beard with light gray eyes. They were busy eating but what they were doing was observing every person that was in here on high alert.

"Well, whatever you'd like to call it. They all are on alert it seems that last night there was an attack in the woods it had nothing to do with us. The attack was near a school campus on the outskirts of this area." She said drinking her coffee.

"So, by attack you mean it?" I asked she nodded holding her mug with both hands as she felt the warmth her mug was providing her. It was the usual weather chilly and cloudy perfect weather for the October months that follow, the time of spokes and thrills for the teens and children as well as young adults.

"Huh, what was found?" I asked curious if it was just a pet found dead or cattle.

"body, a young woman seems she was around 25 her name is... was Ashley Benet. The odd part to this was she was one of us and you know those suicide notes they leave behind well seems like she had bite marks on her wrist clenched in her hand was that note." she said as she drank some of her coffee. I was confused if it was either suicide or a fight gone wrong.

"what are they calling this?" I asked again just to be sure.

"The humans are calling it an animal attack while we are calling it murder." she said

"we?" I asked confused about this information just exactly where did she hear all this? cause as far as I know, that's just it I don't know anything.

"My mother called me before you knocked on my door." she said I just nodded recalling the picture I saw in her living room.

"She wanted to know if I'm okay as well as other things." she said curious to what was the other thing but I couldn't just ask could I ? she might think it was overstepping so I didn't even if I really wanted to know.
"That's good means she cares about you." I said smiling. Veronica smiled back a warm smile that told many things about her mother a caring woman a loving mother. Someone she depended on no matter the distance. Not that mine wasn't the same she is but I don't call her much, but I know I should just to tell her I found my mate canceling the arrangement perhaps. Although maybe not incase it doesn't go as planned.