The Locker Room: Chapter Twenty-Four: Picture of Tyler

Start from the beginning

            I hated it when my friends fought. Especially when it concerned me. I had just told them what happened to the recorder. I of course left out the part about me listening to it, and said that I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, when my arm bumped my glass of water. Val, being the smart one, was second guessing me. I'm pretty sure everyone else believed my story.

            I hated myself lying to them.

            "We should go to one of those geeky people, and ask if they can get anything off of the memory then. They do it all the time in crime scenes," said Val. I think she finally believed my story.

            But now she is going way overboard about this. It's just one week that we miss. One hell of a week, but they don't know that and I'm not supposed to know that either. Besides if we did do that everyone will know what's on the recorder, and that's what I didn't want to happen.

            "Val, can we just drop it?" asked Dana. "We've been talking about for the last half hour. Audrey, made a mistake, we all make them. And besides we don't know any really geeky people that would do what we asked. We can't trust them, either, if we found one."

            "I can't believe I'm saying this, but you're right Dana," said Val, "I mean I guess."

            Thank god, that Val finally believes me. I however had to really thank Dana and Jenny. I have such good friends, and it pained me that I was keeping a secret from them. But I was protecting them.

            "Finally," said Miley. "So Jenny how was your date with Mr. Hottie?" I secretly thanked Miley for changing the subject.

            Miley called Tyler, Mr. Hottie, because she doesn't think that Tyler suites him very well. I don't think that Mr. Hottie suites him, but Miley disagrees with me. I mean he is hot, but that kind of nickname is just bizarre.

            Jenny gets this totally different look on her face. Her eyes look like she is looking very far away, and she has a small smile on her face. By her facial expressions, I can already tell that the date went great. Which I'm happy for her.

            "Well, it was nice," said Jenny.

            "What did the date consist of?" asked Dana.

            "I know it's kind of lame, but it was just dinner and a movie," said Jenny. "But it was the best dinner and a movie date I have ever been on in my entire life. He took me out to my favorite restaurant, and he let me pick the movie. I have never dated a guy who let me pick out the movie."

            "Wow, I really thought Mr. Hottie would be more romantic than that," said Miley. Dana slapped her.

            "It was the first date! You don't expect much out of the first date," said Dana.

            "She's right. The most common first date is a dinner and a movie," said Val.

            "And he let you pick out the movie. I say that's romantic enough," I said. Miley gave me her famous, are-you-joking look. I just smiled sweetly back at her.

            "I can't believe you guys," said Miley. We laughed.

            "Did he kiss you?" I asked. Jenny looked down at the floor.

            "No," said Jenny, "I think it was more like because we were starting over. He didn't want to move too fast, but he should have kissed me. And I think he knows that, too."

            "Well, then why didn't you kiss him?" asked Dana. Jenny blushed.

            "I wanted him to make the first move!" said Jenny.

            "Don't we all," I muttered.

            "I also want to find a guy who's not afraid to do something different for the first date," said Miley.

            "I think we all got the hint," Jenny said. We laughed.

            "I know we all want to find a guy who's romantic," said Dana. We nodded our heads.

            "Hey, don't forget that he has to be smart," added Val.

            "So many things in one guy," whispered Jenny. We agreed.

            Right now it seemed almost impossible to us, being almost eighteen, to find the perfect guy for us. We each wanted different things in a guy, but yet we each shared some of the characteristics.

            "I want to find the perfect guy, like right now," said Miley.

            "Don't we all," I muttered, again.