41

Nocturne keeps close to Mori. Every time she makes a move he moves towards her like a lodestone and iron. "Dammit Nocturne so help me if you don't start to give me some space the bond won't have a chance to kill you, I will. This is ridiculous how close you're keeping watch. Someone might actually think you're worried about me, or (gasp) think I might die. Of course then you'd die too." Mori says feigning her realization fear. She doesn't miss the hurt look that crosses Nocturne's face and is hidden quickly. Could it be that he actually has feelings for her and isn't just worried about his own precious life? Mori shakes this thought off. She's too cynical to believe a vampire let alone the king of the vampires would have real feelings for her. It's nothing more than the damn bond.

"I'm not going to let you out of my sight or that of my trusted vampires now Mori. Those children of mine are growing too fast." But there is something he's not telling Mori and she narrows her eyes at his half truths.

"What is going on Nocturne? You've been suffocating me since I fainted after our fight." Mori demands answers and won't let this go. She doesn't like being confined inside like she is due to his paranoia.

"We don't know what's causing your fainting Mori. It shouldn't be happening, especially since you're eating more vampire blood than human food at this point. I'm not going to leave you unprotected when another attack could happen at any time." Nocturne says with a tone that could be mistaken for caring if you aren't jaded and cynical like Mori.

"Yeah, okay. Nice, so I get to be on house arrest because you don't want to take a chance that I might have another fainting attack. You really do hate me don't you Nocturne? I mean I thought maybe you might have cared at least a little bit, but now, now I know the truth. You know what Nocturne turn your sights on finding a way to break this bond because I most certainly don't want to be bound to someone that hates me that much."

Mori has a secret that she's been hiding from Nocturne. She can feel something when she's around him, a tugging and if she concentrates really hard she can see something, she doesn't know what, connecting her and Nocturne. If it is what she thinks it is then she will be able to cut the connection herself. The break of the connection might very well kill her, but it wouldn't matter to her and it would save Nocturne's life, and he's far more important than she is or ever could be.

"Let me outside, you're here, Tweedledee and Tweedledum are here too. Surely that's enough to allow me to go outside?" Mori begs him almost desperate to get outside. Nocturne hasn't allowed her out for almost a week. She feels like she's dying for the internment in the death camp Nocturne has sentenced her too.

"Mori, I don't hate you, but..." Nocturne starts but is cut off when Mori turns to face him and her eyes are glowing.

"If you dare say that it's not safe for me to fucking go out on my land, or your land one more time I'll fucking kill you." And in that moment Nocturne actually believed that she would at least try, and seeing as how good a hunter she is she might be able to hurt him at the very least.

Nocturne fully expected to see her sprout fangs next and give him a full on challenge just like any other vampire would. Yet he can't believe he just treated her like any other full on vampire.

Nocturne goes to hold her. "Stay the hell away from me Nocturne. Go to  hell with the laws." Mori narrows her eyes at him. "If that means you need to punish me for my insubordination than go ahead. Maybe then I will find some release from this hell."

Nocturne stays where he is and can only blink his eyes at her vituperative words. So full of hate and loathing. He had no idea that Mori felt that way about being stuck inside all day, but it still doesn't change the fact that he can't have her disappearing and possibly being hurt by passing out at an inopportune time.

Mori narrows her eyes even further. "Don't bother telling me more lies or platitudes, do us both a favor and kill me now."

"Mori come here." Nocturne orders. Mori just sniffs and refuses to go near him. Nocturne frowns, the compulsion should work on her, it works on other vampires under him all the time, then of course the humans have no defense against it.

"Mori come here, NOW!" Nocturne orders. He narrows his own eyes as she stays stubbornly on the other side of the cabin.

"Go to hell Nocturne," is the only reply Mori gives him.

Mori looks at him hard and gives a small smile. She makes a slashing motion, she doesn't know why and Nocturne looks at her in surprise. "How the hell did you do that?"

"I don't know I just did. There now you're free of me and can kill me now or wait for the children to do it for you. Now if I faint and fall off the cliff you won't die. NOW can I go outside?"

Nocturne still in shock can only motion to the other two vampires to follow her out the door. She cut the bond. He doesn't have anything to keep her to him now. He falls down to his knees with the pain. She had become far more vampiric than he or Terrance had thought.

Mori easily eludes dumb and dumber in the forest. She just needs this time to be free. She takes a deep breath and lets the smell of the pines fill her. She's missed this, she hasn't been away from the forest for so long ever. She has no doubt that after the babies are born Nocturne will kill her now, if the childbirth doesn't do it for him. Or perhaps his psychotic brother will find her first and take care of the issue for him.