22

"Watch her. I have some unfinished business I need to deal with and it will be easier if I do it while she's sleeping." Nocturne orders Terrance.

"Yes, of course Sire. But you do remember that when she's unconscious she seems to see what you do right?"

That reminder sets Nocturne off. "Shit, I'd totally forgotten. Let me know when she wakes and then keep her busy. She's not going to like what happens and she doesn't need to see it." Nocturne replies.

"Very well." Terrance replies knowing better than asking what he wants to know.

"I'm going to find the man responsible for trying to murder Mori. The opportunity hasn't arisen until now." Nocturne knows his friend well enough to know that he wouldn't ask but wants to know.

"She's had both human and vampire food, she should be fine for a few hours at least. Who is set to come tonight?" Nocturne asks his mind elsewhere and not focused on the rotation schedule of feedings.

"Lord Jerus." Terrance replies and takes a step back at Nocturnes look. "I know you don't trust him, but he is truly loyal to you. I'm staking my life on this Nocturne."

"If Jerus proves to be a traitor you are staking your life on it. I hope for your sake old friend that you aren't wrong. I don't want her left alone with him. He may have proved his loyalty good enough for you but not for me." Nocturne watches as Terrance bows his head in submission before he leaves.

Nocturne prowls around the village silently and unseen. He marvels at how easy it is to fool the humans. Truly they are no better than food. Then he thinks back to Mori and amends his thoughts. Humans are no better than food other than Mori. She at times confuses him and turns his world upside down. Things he'd thought were true for centuries he's finding himself questioning. Just as she does him.

He doesn't understand why this is happening. The bond, the actual desire to protect her, the need he has to see her happy. That's never happened to him before. Well obviously not the bond or he'd likely be dead already, but the rest...

Ahh, the subject of his hunt. He growls lowly to himself. It was as he suspected, it's the man from the diner. The one that hurt Mori emotionally years ago. Nocturne smiles to himself. This is even better than he had anticipated.

He's going to have to break the no killing the villagers promise he'd made Mori. This man tried to kill her and he'd try again, he cannot be allowed to live. That he'd hurt Mori years earlier just goes to show that people don't change for the better. Mori was more than fortunate that she found out this man wasn't worth while.

Nocturne follows the man until he receives the signal from Terrance that Mori is awake. Mori must have been exhausted because Nocturne had followed the man for hours. Hours that he planned the best way to kill the man before him.

"Terrance take Mori away from the cliff and keep her distracted." Nocturne instructs and once he's sure that Terrance has had enough time to comply Nocturne strikes.

Nocturne grabs the man and flies him up and over to the cliff. Once the man realizes what is going on Nocturne speaks, "Murder is such an ugly thing. Truly one of human kinds ugliest traits. I've heard us vampire called many things, but truly when it comes to murder...did you really think I wouldn't find out that you tried to kill Mori? Or that I wouldn't care? You and the other villagers are only alive because she has asked that I be merciful towards you. But then again she doesn't know that it was you that tried to kill her."

Nocturne is so full of anger that he's not truly satisfied with the simple death he has planned for this man. So he decides to play a game of catch with him. He drops him and then goes to catch him. The look of terror on the man's face is priceless and helps to settle some of the anger he feels. He smiles darkly and lets the man go once more after he reaches the top of the cliff.