3

Mori eats silently unnerved by the Lords unrelenting watchfulness. Her legs had proved too weak to hold her up so she had sat at the table after silently asking permission from the Lord intently watching her, studying her.

Under his unrelenting gaze her appetite dies. "Tell me Mori, how did a human," Mori has to give him credit he manages to mask his disdain quite well, "learn such strong mental control?"

"My childhood wasn't a very happy one, I had to hide and control my feelings My lord." Mori is less happy about answering that but has no choice.

"Stop My lording me Mori." The stranger orders now starting to get angry.

Mori slides out of her chair and prostrates herself on the cold stones. "I cannot disobey a direct order My Lord but neither can I break the law." Mori believes her words will bring the full fury of the angry being not even ten feet away from her. She had heard that they liked to play games with their prey setting them up in impossible situations like this. Not using the title is against the law set up by the vampire king himself.

The stranger smiles and the whole room wavers as light and dark compete. She's correct, she doesn't have any right to do aught else. "If I order you to call me by my name and title it will be all right." He waits to see her reaction. He's not sure if he's more pleased or disappointed that she shows no reaction to his declaration. The vampire lords do NOT give their names to the cattle, it is too great an honor for food to have.

Mori doesn't react and to tell the truth doesn't believe that he'll do it after all she's about as far from a respectable portion of society as a human can be. The vampire Lords might, might disclose their names to the high society and leaders of the humans, but not to someone like her, a nobody. Mori just remains prostrated before him waiting for the torture to begin.

"Tell me Mori," the vampire Lord begins to purr, "what should I do for your disobedience?" He actually has no intentions of torturing her physically, but a bit of a mind game won't be amiss.

"Lord, since I am yours, do as you wish." Mori says and manages the words without inflection or emotion.

She had found a loophole, and the vampire lord allows a small frown to mar the perfection of his face.

She'd just taken all the fun out of it with those simple words, but replaced it with something else. He smiles as he captures her eyes. "Come here." The words are simple but they fall like a whip on the prostrated woman before him.

Immediately Mori gets herself up from the floor and walks to the dark man before her. She feels a pull from his dark eyes but it isn't something she couldn't break from, but the thought of what might befall others should she fight makes it so she doesn't.

She would however drop her gaze from his if she thought he would want that. Somehow because of the pull she feels with his eyes she doesn't think he does. She stops just in front of him less than a foot between them.

"Call me Nocturne, Mori." The vampire's voice has become seductive as well as commanding. He takes her chin and lifts it up. He wants a clear view of her tears when she breaks.

"Lord Nocturne, as you wish." There is no defiance just a softly spoken compliance to his wishes. Her words are so soft that even his superior hearing barely could pick them up over the sound of the abating storm.

Nocturne eyes flash like lightning, her words are a defiance no matter how she said them. Perhaps she's no longer MY lording him but she's still using his title. 

Nocturne can tell Mori knows he's not going to let that defiance pass and yet she doesn't even tremble in his grasp. She really could be one of them, except there are no female vampires. He keeps his eyes locked on her but she gives nothing away and he's frustratingly sure that the only reason she came like she did was because she wanted to and not because he mesmered her to him. 

He allows his temper to overcome his self control and bites into her neck far more cruelly than he needs to. Instantly the smell that had drawn him to this lonely, forsaken cabin surrounds and enfolds him. The taste of her blood is more than he had anticipated, it's a drug and he's now addicted.

He only comes back to himself after her heart starts to falter. It wouldn't be the first time he's killed his food, but he hasn't done so without intent for centuries, now. His embrace as he feeds is the only thing keeping Mori upright and now he forces himself away from her neck.

Blood this pure shouldn't be drained in one feeding, it should be savored for as many feedings as possible. Nocturne swears to himself viciously and hopes that he has enough of his powers back to do what needs to be done to save her now.

He lifts her now unconscious body effortlessly over to the bed. He removes her clothes and sets her under the bed covers. Once he has her positioned where he wants he starts the healing process, and since he's more than a little a bastard he adds in a bonus. He really hadn't meant to nearly kill Mori, that would take away his fun.

What he's doing is very draining but, he thinks it will be well worth it. He's never before gifted a human with his gift of healing and the vampires that he has have had to pay for it dearly. And the human will as well. 

Nocturne's self satisfied smile fades a bit, he's not sure how the human will react to his gift. Never before has he seen someone so calm about facing death, as if awaiting the touch of a lover really. He shrugs to himself, no matter how she reacts it's done.