7

Mori is too shocked at the revelation to do anything. Her life is now connected to that of the vampire lord that entered her life last night. All she can do is stare at him, her mind a complete blank.

"Lord Terrance is here to make sure that you survive the pregnancy Mori." Nocturnes voice seems to be coming from a distance. 

"Dammit!" Nocturne makes a grab for her and manages to grab her before she falls again.

"This is what you were talking about Sire?" Terrance asks as Nocturne puts the unconscious woman on the bed. Nocturne nods and steps back to allow his friend and subordinate a closer look. "Yes, she did this earlier, but that time I wasn't able to catch her and she hit her head cutting it. If she hadn't of had my blood then it would have required stitches. There's still plenty of my blood in her so why is she fainting like this?"

Nocturne, normally a very good hunter able to hide his feelings completely, is unable to stay still and paces the confines of the small cabin. He doesn't like the idea of finally finding a worthy human to have his child to watch her die so soon. Not to mention the fact that they are now linked to life. He'd already planned on protecting her because of his son she carried, but now it is even more imperative.

Lord Terrance finishes his exam and chuckles as he rocks back. "Well your majesty, it seems like what you gave her won't be enough after all." His words have Nocturne at his side in a flash.

"I told you to never address me that way here. She doesn't know who I am and I want to keep it that way. Now would you like to explain why feeding her like I did won't be sufficient?" Nocturne growls at his friend.

"Peace my lord. Your pet," Terrance growls, "let me rephrase that," Nocturne nods once sharply. "The woman you've chosen is carrying twins." Nocturne's face turns ashen with those words. The whole damn civil war he's been having is due to his twin's betrayal. Twins are almost unheard of, to  have two sets in the same family, beyond comprehension.

"Damn though, I understand why you lost control last night. Even now her blood calls, how to you not drink from her Si- Nocturne?" Terrance changes what he was going to call the angry man in front of him when his king takes him by the throat and holds him up against the door.

"Terrance, you've been a loyal friend to me, but if you push me I might forget that and that I might need you to help me save Mori." Terrance has seen the king angry before but never with that anger turned on him. Only because he's had years of experience is he able to hide his fear now. The king has need of him or else he has no doubt that he'd be dead.

Nocturne releases his friend from his death grip and Terrance drops down. Thinking it more prudent to remain down he crouches before his king with his head bowed even as he surreptitiously rubs his throat where the king had a killing grip just moments before.

Nocturne looks down at his friend and says irritably, "Oh get up already, I didn't do that much damage to you."

Terrance slowly picks himself up and once more looks at his king. "But if you ever refer to her with such disrespect again, I will." The promise of a slow and painful death was there. Terrance had even participated in some of them and had no doubt that being the king's friend wouldn't save him this time.

"As you wish S-ah Nocturne. How then would you have me call the human? I have no desire to insult you again." He says bowing to his friend.

Nocturne returns to his pacing, made more difficult with Terrance in the way. "Address her as Mori or Lady Mori. And Terrance," Terrance looks at his king, "I'm trusting you a great deal, I hope that trust hasn't been misplaced after all these years?"

The shock on Terrance's face is reassuring to Nocturne. Terrance was still completely his. In the world of the vampire's allegiances changed, sometimes even ones that once seemed rock solid. "Your brother would destroy us all S-Nocturne. Even if I hated you, I would still support you."

Nocturne looks at him with narrowed eyes. After several long tense minutes of scrutiny Nocturne turns away from. "Stay here and protect her, I need to eat and calm down. Then you'll tell me what needs to be done to make sure she survives this pregnancy."