32

Mori was already gone by the time Nocturne makes it outside. He doesn't understand just how the hell a human can disappear like that.  He starts tracking her by scent but loses that once he makes it to the forest.

He starts cursing. "Mori, dammit where the hell are you?" He calls out to her and waits for a reply, but doesn't really expect anything and isn't disappointed. 

He is beginning to think that perhaps it's a good thing other humans aren't as good as Mori or the vampire race as a whole would be in jeopardy. "Mori, dammit this isn't a game. Come out and we'll talk. I'm trying here. This isn't something I'm used to either. My dealings with humans have been brief things. I've spent more time with you than any ten humans put together and I'm still lost on how to deal with you." He is being candid and with deadly words; should others hear him he could be challenged if they think him unfit. Of course challenging him would bring about their death.

"Your superior senses should be able to spot me in no time. Hell I'm still wearing the flimsy, expensive clothing you changed me into before we left. The colors weren't exactly hiding friendly. You were so sure that you could out do me. You have one hour Nocturne, let's see if you can find me," Mori taunts. Nocturne tries to figure out where her voice is coming from but it is too distorted by the mountainside and sounds from the mountain.

Nocturne grits his teeth. He isn't in the mood for games. But at the same time his pride has been challenged by a human no less. He fades into the dark as he looks for clues. Mori leaves no sign of her passing. As he takes to the air looking for heat signatures his eyes become confused. He curses to himself as he realizes that Mori has chosen her spot well. The heat vents and hot water from the hot springs make his sight nearly useless and makes it difficult to distinguish between animal and human.

The hour finishes and Nocturne was unable to find Mori. He comes in to land and her voice mocks him. "You know, you are vulnerable when you fly like that right?"

He finds her sitting naked on a rock next to the hot spring. The moonlight gently caresses her body and Nocturne starts stalking towards her. Mori smirks, "If you want me you'll have to join me oh mighty king." With that she jumps up and dives into the springs behind her.

It doesn't take Nocturne long to disrobe and join her in the water. "I gave you a direct order about calling me king Mori." Nocturne says quickly catching up to her in the water.

The laughter in her eyes dies quickly at his tone. "I can't take the mental games you like to play Nocturne. This game was something to give you a taste of your own medicine. If you are going to punish me by hitting me or whatever, just get it over with."

"Not all punishments have to be physical Mori." Nocturne purrs just loud enough to be heard over the sound of the water.

"Physical punishments sure as hell beat mental ones. It would be better for you to beat me." Mori says and swims away, or at least she tries to.

"I have no intentions of hurting you that way Mori. I've already done too much of that to you." Nocturne pulls her back to him and holds her to him. "If you wanted privacy here at the springs all you had to do was tell me. You didn't have to act so childishly Mori."

Mori had started to relax in his arms until his words registered. "That's what you think? That I'm childish? Just because I'm not centuries old doesn't mean my actions don't have merit. You were seducing that man in front of me, the woman was yours in the cafe. So unless you wanted a foursome I'd say my words held a great deal of merit." Mori is now angry.

"Let me go Nocturne." Mori struggles to get out of his hold but his arms are too tight around her.

"Did you not want me to keep them under control?" Nocturne asks seductively.

"He's terrified of who you are Nocturne, you didn't have to seduce him to control him." Mori manages to elbow him sufficiently hard for him to relax his hold on her and escape.

"Are you so confident that I was seducing..." Nocturne starts to ask.

"I think that man is straight as an arrow but the way he was looking at you he would have given you a blow job and turned around and bent over. Stop playing innocent Nocturne, it doesn't go well with you. If you can't respect me, because I'm human at least give me enough respect to know what my eyes can see."

Nocturne's eyes have lit up and he stalks after Mori like a predator after his prey. Mori is as closed to him now as she had been the first night they met. Even more now than then Mori doesn't fear him. The most he will do will kill her, and unfortunately she doesn't think he'll do that, not yet at least.

"You are so sure," Nocturne says grabbing hold of Mori's chin and holding it up in a firm grip, "that they would have both been happy to join me in bed."

"Is that a statement or question Nocturne? Because the way you said it it could go both ways. Kinda..." Mori thinks it better to not finish that thought.

Nocturne's eyes narrow. "Twice now I've had to allow Jerus to entertain you, MY Queen, in bed. I'm not interested in that human man or his mate. The only one I'm interested in is here with me. Her skin is kissed by the moonlight shining like moonlight made life. Her eyes sparking fires. Her hair glowing liquid silver as the water runs down its length. Her skin so soft that silk fails in comparison to it. I left your side to deal with matters that could not wait, it wasn't by choice or desire. MY desire is to stay by your side and make love to you endlessly." Nocturne says caressing her skin. His lips soon follow the route of his fingers and Mori is now the one seduced. 

But since she still hasn't forgiven him her tears slip silently down her cheek.