36

"I don't know Nocturne, it's not something I've ever heard of happening before. It's even more unknown than those bonds you're fascinated about. How are you..." Terrance stops talking he's forgotten that they aren't alone.

They both turn to Jerus who looks more terrified than any vampire should. "What are you talking about? Turning? What's turning or rather who's turning and turning into what? Sire?"

Jerus is actually starting to sweat. He doesn't know what the hell is going on but he knows that Mori isn't acting like she had the first time he met her.

He doesn't like the look his king is giving him either.

Nocturne smiles, a slow sinister smile. He advances on the now shaking vampire before him. "I don't answer to you. But you do answer to me. I gave you a direct order this morning did I not?" Nocturne waits for Jerus to nod his head. "You disobeyed me did you not when you came back?"

Again Jerus miserably nods his head in agreement. 

"Then you had the temerity to touch what is mine without consent?" Nocturne practically snarls that last part out. Jerus touching Mori before hadn't gone well with him but him taking liberties without permission, well that makes Nocturne see red.

Jerus finds himself falling to the floor on his knees. His head held up by Nocturne. "What should his penalty be Terrance?"

"For such blatant disrespect to both yourself and Mori? Death is the obvious answer, but Nocturne, Mori wouldn't appreciate a prolonged and messy death." Terrance tries to reason with Nocturne at this time.

Nocturne's smile has nothing of light in it, "Oh, but I think we can both agree that things have changed now, right Terrance?"

"Perhaps, but don't you think that we should wait for the Lady Mori to wake and ask her? I mean would you really like to alienate her further?" Terrance is fully aware of what has happened to Mori and Nocturne. Nocturne had turned to him for advice.

"Dammit, Terrance you're right. But who knows how long Mori will be in her blood drugged sleep?" Nocturne is enjoying this torture. He hasn't done anything this subtle in over a century.

"I need to go hunting now, keep an eye on these two will you?" Nocturne turns and takes himself out of the cabin doing his best to keep his mirth inside until he's far enough away that Jerus won't hear him let loose.

"What will Nocturne do to me Lord Terrance?" Jerus asks as he remains kneeling on the floor.

Terrance merely shrugs his attention remains on the problem that faces him and Nocturne in the form of Lady Mori. "Whatever Lady Mori wishes I suppose. She's rather angry with him right now and he wishes to make amends." 

Jerus sighs in relief, "Then it's not just me she's angry with. Truly Lord Terrance, I meant no disrespect to either of them." Terrance holds his hand up to stop the young vampire from further speech.

"Truth, I don't really care. I'm not the one that you need to make that speech to. Wait for Lady Mori to waken from her sleep and then try begging her for clemency. She might be able to get Nocturne to lessen the punishment. Perhaps." Terrance shrugs again.

Nocturne takes his time to choose his victim. If he can't kill them he needs to find someone that has more blood to share than most or two to share.

Since he has had such good success at the diner he decides to go there and he can pick up some food for Mori when he's done.

But this time when he enters the diner the people widen their eyes in fear and fall to their knees as quickly as they can get off their seats or off the bench. Then they keep their eyes to the floor making it hard for him to catch their eyes.

"Why are you all acting like this now? You never showed such obeisance when I'm with Mori."

The waitress that normally works when they come in dares to speak, "Lord, it's because you are with Mori. A changed Mori, but still someone we know. Tonight you come in alone and we wonder if maybe you've grown tired of Mori and now wish to take someone else and eventually kill them as well."

Nocturne smirks. "That is why? Do you want me to choose someone else or is this because you don't want me to choose you?" Nocturne goes to the waitress and plays with her hair and notices her slight pull away before she makes herself hold still.

"I can't speak for all of us, but most here at least, don't wish to be chosen." The waitress says with tears in her eyes.

"I see. Well tonight is your lucky night." Nocturne whispers in her ear, "You won't be chosen." The waitress lets out a breath she'd been holding.

"But Mori will need her usual, I'll just be taking it to go tonight. And any donors I take tonight will need juice." Nocturne says and the waitress rushes to the kitchen and chivies the cook to get up and start cooking again.

"Are there any here that would like to be chosen?" Nocturne asks with a smile.

"Lord is Mori alive?" A brave soul dares to ask.

"Why do you ask? For years Mori has been more of a pariah than accepted member of this community. Truly her mercy that she extends to you all leaves me confused." Nocturne admits.

"Perhaps we haven't always shown her friendship like she's deserved but neither does she deserve to be killed by the likes of you." The voice utters.

Nocturne's eyes turn dark. He's found his prey. "You are lucky Mori has forbidden feeding until death here. Come."

The man stands and makes his way through the people that remain on the floor and presents himself to the vampire.

Nocturne takes a seat at the table and motions for the man to kneel in front of him. It is obvious to all that the man is reluctant to do so but does anyway.

Nocturne drinks from the man and makes sure that the man embarrasses himself before he is done.

Nocturne still isn't satisfied, he looks over the remaining people still on the floor. "Oh for goodness sake get up people and return to your meals that are now no doubt cold." He finds a female this time and motions for her to come.

He takes enough to satisfy, and it takes long enough that she shudders in release. "That's for being a good girl." Nocturne would laugh except the girl was a virgin and he doesn't think Mori would have liked him giving her her first orgasm.

"Lord, is there aught else I can do for you?" The girl asks in wide eyed wonder.

"If I asked for aught else from you Mori would skin me alive. No child return to your friends," Nocturne says and shudders at Mori's response will be when he returns to the cabin.

He pays no heed to the whispers that fly like wildfire at his words. They have been afraid of Mori for years they have no doubt that she could and would take on one of the Lords. That the Lord himself would admit that she would win, well that's something else.

Nocturne takes Mori's food and makes his way out of the diner. If they knew that he was the feared king then nothing would save his throne.