2

"What is that music I hear?" The stranger inquires of the woman standing in front of him, what did she say her name was? Oh yeah, Mori.

The woman looks at the stranger and then quickly looks back down, she hides her confusion well. What music? Then she remembers her one guilty pleasure a portable cd player that can play on batteries. She'd forgotten to turn it off, she can't hear the music over the sound of the pounding rain and it's just wasting her batteries. Then she scoffs to herself, it wouldn't matter after tonight, she'll be dead.

"It's called Midnight Nocturne, My Lord." Mori is quick to answer, there's no need to antagonize him. The more powerful the lords are the more cruel they are. She doesn't mind dying, but that doesn't mean she wants to be tortured first.

"Mori, isn't it?" Mori nods and he continues. "You should stir your dinner it's about to burn."

"Thank you My Lord. Is there anything I can get for you? As you can see I don't have much..." Mori trails off embarrassed as she goes to the stove and stirs the food, just about done.

The laughter of the dark stranger fills her little cabin. "Go ahead and eat Mori, I'll be fine until after you finish." The words have another meaning, that she's dinner for him. Mori returns to the stove and stirs the food.

She does her best to ignore the sounds of the stranger as he takes off his wet clothes. She knows that they are all beautiful creatures to look at but she never thought to have one in her home. Well now his since he will undoubtedly claim everything.

She refuses to think about it anymore. There is no time for regrets now.

 She quickly dishes her meal out and while it cools washes the pot. She knows it's silly after she's dead it won't matter.

"Mori, you don't need to call me Lord." The stranger says his voice soft but still easily heard over the noise of the storm. Mori had heard that some of the Lords could talk in your mind, that must be what he's doing now. She looks over to the Lord and is shocked.

Mori only shows her shock by the widening of her eyes and how quickly she whips around to face opposite of the Lord. She quickly drops to her knees, she doesn't care about dying but there is the town below she needs to protect. "Please Lord, I truly meant no disrespect..."

His dark laughter fills her mind. "For just a moment, there was a sliver of a crack in your mental shields Mori. If I didn't know better I'd say you were one of us. Most humans I could've eaten from their fear from the moment of my entry. But I haven't," he says as he comes over to her and stands her on her feet, "even felt a flicker of emotion from you at all." He caresses her face, browned by work in the outdoors and toughened by the elements it had long ago lost any softness to it. "If I hadn't of wanted you to see me, I wouldn't have come out of the alcove like this."

This is a dark god, an Adonis of the night. At least six feet tall and hard planes all over. The candles she had managed to relight only heighten the beauty of the mans body.

Mori doesn't flinch at his touch but nor does she move forward. She inwardly curses to herself now. There are three ways a vampire lord could feed. Emotionally, the least invasive and when they don't want to bring attention to themselves, the one they use most. There is the second way the one all humans are aware of, through blood. That is the one they prefer although they will use all three ways in a mix-n-match meal, depending on their mood at the moment. And the last way, sexual. She knows that she won't be required for that one, she's too old to become one of the brood mares.

"I didn't mean to..." Mori's protest's were cut off once again by his rich dark laughter.

"It really is astounding to find a human with such control. You fascinate me Mori, now eat." The vampire lord orders and Mori is unable to do anything else but comply.