Chapter 21

Lewis's Pov: Looking up I spot some teenagers on their phones carrying boxes without a care, too busy to notice what happened. And one looking over the railing with a look of horror struck face.

"You idiot! Help her! Now! We need a doctor! Alseia!!!" Karla yells.

"Move! I'm a doctor!" One of the clan members yell.

Everyone around moved to the side to let that one sole person to be able to reach Alseia. The doctor checks Alseia looks at her head, and looks at her in confusement.

"Those ornaments hit her just right on the head, from what I can see she has an old wound there, I wont say anything more about it for personal reasons but it just happened to knock her out and she wont be able to wake up. But this is something different than a regular concussion, when fate ties in it's not so simple. I don't believe she will be coming back to us anytime soon... unless... her mate so happens... to... mark her..." The doctor mumbles the last part with sadness. Hugging Allaryce by my side, I look down to notice Allaryce looking at Karla with knowing eyes.

"Allaryce... we need to get him and fast." Karla whispers nudging her sister's side.

"I know but it comes down to talking him into it he won't just accept her just like that!" Allaryce argues. "I think it's pretty clear just how strongly he feels about us werecats."

"Wait... ummm what are you guys talking about. What do you two know??" I ask looking back and forth between the both of them. The whole clan now gathered inside the house trying to get a good view of our alpha. But also listening to the Beta's and my mate the Third in command's conversation intently.

"Remember that wolf who came storming in during the party... and crashed into our Alpha... well... um... you see when you're a royal which Alseia turned into one once she accepted the role as Alpha of the cats. No Queen of the cats, she turned into a royal. And a royal cat or wolf always have a royal mate even if there a wolf or a cat or anything of royalty always have a mate from royal bloodlines." Allaryce murmurs.

"So in the basic version, the cataphobic king of the wolves is the Queen of the cats mate." Karla finishes off.

"No flippin way... well, I guess that does explain a couple of things. Now just any wolf would do a thing as stupid as that useless his mate was nearby." I sneer at the thought of that jerk being Alseia's mate. 'What luck, and what a piece of work. I bet he doesn't even know any songs by Mojo Pie.' I think discretely rolling my eyes to myself.

King Richard's Pov: Looking towards the werecats territory I start to get a bad vibe, an unsettling feeling of dread. Something's wrong, but what? I have no reason to care what goes on in their puny clan.

"Alpha we have a visitor from the cats clan." My beta says while gesturing for whoever came to come in. She bows her head, surely knowing I'm not pleased with filthy CATS of all mythic on my land.

"Alpha King Richard, I presume?' A young girl asks. She looks to be as least 16 who's freshly shifted no to long ago.

"Yes what do you need." I say grumpily, why can't leave me alone.

She sighs and looks me straight in the eye, head held high and says with a strong voice, "My name is Karla, I'm the Beta of my Alpha Alseia, and she is from I see, your mate. I've talked it over with the third in command and we agreed to tell you what happened earlier today..." She pauses sighs a heavy sad sigh, her voice shaking slightly before continuing with a lower voice, still trying to hold strength to her words. "There was an accident in the clan house this evening, we were going to begin decorating the premises and some of the young foolish teenager cats playing on their phones while attempting carrying boxes of decorations and walking down the stairs dropped some ornaments which hit her in the head just right... hard enough to knock her unconscious. The clan's doctor said it hit an old wound on her head which caused her to black out. And she also said... that only a mates mark can save her." She says saying the last part slowly while staring me in the eye.