C h a p t e r 1

**

Chapter one

I woke up to the cool breeze running across my face. As I slowly opened my eyes I realized I had gotten a text a few minutes ago. "Hey Kalel, State Fair today. You wanna go? Meet me at my house at 11." The text was from my best friend Olivia. I just laughed at the text and at her persistent ways, no matter what I WOULD be going to that state fair with her today at 11 at her house, weather or not I really wanted too. I replied back with a simple 'Yes' and got ready for the day. I cocked my head just enough to the left to see the clock on my nightstand. It read 9:41. 'Good,' I thought ,'I still have plenty of time to get ready.'

Wrong.

I ended up wasting half my time just getting awake and out of my bed. I put a strawberry poptart in the toaster as quickly shimmied into my favorite pair a jeans. I also got a tank top on but I decided to throw a sweatshirt over the top on the boring colored top. The sweatshirt told my personality. Anyone walking on the street could pretty much read me like a book by just looking at my pink and yellow floral based sweatshirt with a silhouette of a cat in the front center. I loved it though.

My poptart finally popped out after what seemed like hours but was only really about a minute. I shoved the whole thing into my mouth realizing I was running late. I quickly started to brush my teeth as I picked up a brush for my hair alternating between my brushing teeth and hair. I spit out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth with water. I grab my keys and headed out to my car. I lived in an apartment so I didn't have a garage. I found my car in the sea of about 50 other cars.

10:55 my car clock read. Lucky Olivia pretty much lived down the street from my apartment so it didn't take long to get there. I pulled up along side the road next to her place. She still lived with her parents but only because they were close to the college she attended and she really didn't want to pay rent. So in a way, she made a smart move. I honked my horn and she immediately came running out. "Morning Liv!" I said as she made her way into the car. "Morning!" She replied with a huge smile on her face.

We drove for 15 minuets to get to the fair. The drive was most certainly not quite. We had the radio on full blast singing every song that came on the radio. We arrived at the fair. I guess we got there so early barely anyone was there. A few cars we scattered across the parking lot. I was guessing that most of those cars belonged to the workers there.

We walked up to the booth to pay for our all-day passes. That meant we could have a girls day, all day today, just what we needed. Livi, or Olivia, was having some problems with her boyfriend so she needed to get her mind off of things.

"I was thinking this is how our day is gonna go," she started as we walked towards the first ride,"we stay here, grab some food have a girls night...er...day." I smiled," Exactly what I was thinking." We laughed the rest of the way to to a ride called 'The Twister'. Which seemed like and appropriate name since the whole ride was nothing but twirling and twisting.

That's when things for me changed.

We had our heads down, laughing, from our previous conversation. All of the sudden my shoulder made contact with another persons and we tripped over each other's feet. My hands caught me before i landed on my face. I was shocked not expecting that when I heard a male voice, so I looked up. "Are you okay?" he said meeting my stare,"I'm so sorry it's just I..." I cut him off. "It's really okay, I didn't get hurt," I said smiling at him. He smiled back. "Can I help you up?" he said laughing a bit as I realized I was still laying down in the dirt. I nodded and put my hands in his. I stood up, but he didn't let go. I was face to face with this strange male. His blue eyes pericing mine.

"Hi, I'm Louis," he said.