Chapter 37

Listen to Beautiful to me by Olly Murs for this part.

Alice's POV

Flinging another jacket to the side I finally found my black bomber at the back of my wardrobe; I paired the jacket with a khaki knit jumper, skinny jeans and my black military boots. I know that you're supposed to look all cute on a date but it's the middle of December and its cold. Staring at myself in the mirror one last time I grabbed my bag and made my way to the kitchen, usually Jemma helps me with what to wear but she was mad at me for agreeing to this date and mad at Blake for being an idiot so for this one I was on my own.

I grabbed a brownie and shoved it in my bag as Carter's horn signalled my queue to leave he was dressed in a smart casual jumper and jeans with rips that made me rethink why I didn't wear mine. He opened the door and I thanked him but a part of me wished he'd pass me a helmet or give me his jacket but I pushed the idea out of my mind like I did with most things.

"You look amazing" he smiled.

"Thanks" sighed trying my best to smile "so do you I mean for a dude".

Smiling at me again he started the engine on our way to the drive in theatre I mean I didn't want to be rude but movies aren't exactly the best place for a date. Our first was great but the movies, we're in silence the whole time, I'm going to be nervous about shoving popcorn in my mouth most likely in the most unlady like way possible, we can't talk because we'll be watching the movie and last of all he could try making moves it's like Netflix and chill but in public in the dark when honestly I'd rather watch the film.

Conveniently for him our spot was right at the back, trying my hardest to have a good time I couldn't help but feel on edge the whole time. He thought it would be a good idea if we moved to the back seats to get comfy rather than sitting at the front for the whole time.

"You okay?" he asked after folding down the front seats for a better view, it was clear my attempt as hiding my discomfort wasn't good enough.

"Yeah" I smiled "just a little cold that's all". Beaming at my response he moved closer wrapping me in his arms my cheek colliding with his chest.

"Better?" he asked looking down at me.

"Sure thanks"

We were silent watching the night before Christmas on the big screen was great but Carter's hand kept touching my leg every odd moment making me feel even more on edge. "So how was work?" I asked manipulating the situation of awkwardness to manoeuvre my body away from him.

"Uh good I guess so not bad"

Then there was silence again.

"Alice, is there anything going on between you and Blake?"

His question caught me off guard making me choke on my water; turning my head to face him I was grateful for the darkness. With every word it reminded me of earlier today "we're just friends".

"No we're just friends that's all, my cousin and his brother know each other".

"You spend a lot of time together that's all".

I was silent letting his words sink in we do spend a lot of time together and I like having him around more than anyone else besides Jemma and Jason. I don't really like people I like my own company but with Blake I don't mind talking to him all the time in fact I like his company.

"So is it okay if do this?" he whispered holding my face as he kissed me slowly; I couldn't see him in the dark but I could feel his hands roaming my waist his hands traveling from his side to my thigh up to my waist till landing on my chest to the lace detailing of my bra. My mind was elsewhere it felt wrong and I wanted it to stop. Pulling away slightly I removed his hands from touching me till his hands grabbed my wrists.