Chapter 33

Listen to Should've been us by Tori Kelly for this part.

--------------------------------

Alice's POV

Blake and I had no problem pretending like the other didn't exist. It was evident that he was still mad at me about the whole kissing Carter thing, when in all honesty he could be kissing a whole load of girls that I don't know about. He makes it so clear that "we're friends" as soon as I do the same thing he's suddenly mad at me.

This lasted less than a week ignoring each other in class, in the hallway and at lunch making things difficult for Alex and Jemma but we didn't care I was right and he was wrong I didn't mind what he did and who he did it with. Whenever he tried to talk to me I would walk away clearly making him even more annoyed. Eventually he stopped trying to apologise and began openly flirting with random girls in the hallways, during class and especially at lunch he even had his own table dedicated to the cause.

Proving his point that we had no right to be jealous of what the other decided to do unless the other cared more. Blake spent more and more time with other girls that I had seen around school letting them sit next to him at his table with his arm slung around the back of their chairs, smiling and whispering in their ears each time before shooting me a wink. I was so tempted to punch him and his groupies in the face since according to Jemma it would take 42 muscles to frown but it would only take 4 muscles to extend my arm and slap the idiot upside the head for making me feel like this.

"Why are you both doing this?" sighed Jemma throwing a chip at me and turning back to Alex sending him a frown. He smiled back at her making her smile in return clearly unfazed by the growing swarm of girls at their table. Jemma's smile quickly faded as she noticed a girl in my biology class standing over Alex feeling his arms and as a result blocking her view.

"Does she want to lose an arm?" she seethed tearing a view away from their table and towards her empty tray. I rolled my eyes and shot daggers at the athletic looking brunette leaning closer and closer to Blake. Jemma's phone vibrated and a text from Alex flashed across the screen causing her to almost spit out her water as she quickly whip her head at their table.

"You really are unlady like" I mused stabbing a grape with a fork.

"Says you of all people" she smirked turning back and holding up her phone in front of my face.

From: The sexy British aka Alexander the awesome;)

I'm sorry our friends are stubborn assholes

Brooke left, I told her I wasn't interested cause I'm with you. Dw I know you wanted to stab the living daylights out of her x.

"Rude!" I shouted at him giving him the finger turning Blake's attention away from slut central and onto me, I flipped him off too before packing up my lunch and heading out the door. I couldn't stick around and continue to watch him with those other girls I needed some air and a serious talk with my heart.

Blake's POV

Out of all the people that I could easily ignore Alice Cooper was definitely the hardest. Every time I'd walk up to her and begin to apologise about over reacting after Carter dropped her off she'd walk away as if I wasn't even there or closing the door in my face.

So in the end I stopped trying and resorted to making her jealous in order for her to talk to me, Alex was against this plan knowing full well him and Jemma would have to take sides and obviously stop being together around Alice and I. There is no love and compromise in this time of war. Alice claimed her original table and I claimed mine about a metre away by the window making sure I was in eyesight of her every time some girl from our year would walk up to our table and flirt with me directly in her view.

It was clear to see that Jemma was whining about how we both should just make up so she could sit with Alex because she threw a chip straight at Alice's head making me chuckle and turn to Alex who was shooting daggers at me.

"Who go your knickers in a twist?"

"You" he glared "Just admit you're sorry so I can sit with my girl for shit sakes Toms".

Although I did feel a slight tinge of guilt I rolled my eyes and focused on the brunette sitting next to me with my arm slung over her chair whilst Alex spun back to Jemma. The brunette was a chatty one but I blocked out of the conversation real quick adding a few "hmm", "yeah" and "sure" now and then to act as if I was paying attention. Even Alex himself wasn't even the slightest bit interested in the girl standing in front of him clearly trying to get in his pants.

"Rude!" I heard Alice shout sending Alex the finger as she playfully glared at him as he looked up from his phone. My mouth twitched into a smirk at the sight of her flipping me off too but I coughed it off watching as she got up not even waiting for Jemma behind her and walked out into the hallway.

"Fix it Blake, I mean it's gone on for almost a week now"

"Why? I'm getting a reaction out of her for once not just an eye roll or a sarcastic comment I'm finally seeing that she feels something for me I can't stop now".

"It's hurting both of you that part is blatantly obvious, just apologise already"

"Or what Smith?"

"Seriously?" He sighed pinching his nose shaking his head at me "Fix it or I'll recruit someone to make you".

I shrugged off his empty threat, why would I give up right now when clearly I was winning the silent treatment battle? Not even Alice could hide the fact that she was slowly getting jealous the more girls I had around me the less she could even look at me or even be in the same room. I wasn't just ignoring her because she was being stubborn I wanted to show her that what she was feeling for me wasn't just something she could sweep under the carpet. I wanted the feeling to eat away at her till she had no other choice than to listen to what her heart was trying to tell her.

She would finally act on her impulses instead of letting her head remind her of what she's so desperate to forget before the day that the wall around her heart would grew so high not even she could distinguish the difference between her safety barrier and her own prison.

_____________________________________

Hey :)

I hope you enjoyed this part, if you did leave a comment.

Follow...fan and vote.

Foreverme101