Chapter 30

Listen to Wild by Troy Sivan for this part.
________________

Alice's POV

English was my favourite subject I had no objection to attending school just for that particular lesson. I loved reading, analysing and interpreting not giving up till I find the deeper meaning of a text. Unfortunately today I wanted to shoot myself or jump out the nearest window which ironically sounded fitting since I was now studying Romeo and Juliet. I only picked the username 'Its_Juliet' as a joke knowing the character of Juliet was my polar opposite. I mean why would a thirteen year old girl kill herself for a guy she had only known for twenty four hours? I know most people would say the play was romantic but to me the whole love story seemed a bit rushed however it was beautifully written. The eloquent prose and beautifully written lines distract the reader from the suicide of the young lovers.

Blake strolled through the door a minute before the bell rang his jeans hung low on his waist that contrasts to his tightly fit t-shirt exposing his arms, his rucksack slug lazily over his shoulder and well his hair was a curly mess hidden underneath a black baseball cap. He stopped by my seat keeping his head down before sitting a seat away from me as if we were complete strangers. His body slumped in his seat with his black bag thrown on the floor beside his chair.

"Alice" called Ms Barley snapping me out of my daze. Dammit I hated when teachers did this.

"Sorry Ms could you please repeat the question?" I asked earning a few sniggers from my class mates and a peak of interest from Blake as he sat up intrigued.

"I want you to describe Juliet in one word"

"Impulsive" I replied fiddling with my pen not meeting anyone's eyes.

"Expand on your chosen word" she ordered walking to the board turning around to write my word on the board in huge letters.

Even though I wasn't planning to look him in the eyes I could feel Blake's eyes on me burning into the back of my head. "She gives up everything for a guy she had only known for twenty four hours before killing herself. I understand the circumstance with her family pressuring her to marry Paris and I know she was deeply in love with him like nothing else but realistically if she had lived thirteen years without him she could have lived the rest of her life without him after that".

I heard him scoff and I could imagine him rolling his eyes at my explanation. "Blake you may rebuttal". I lifted my head up and turned towards him watching him turn his hat backwards so that I could see his eyes.

"Juliet may have seemed impulsive to some" he began clearly aiming that directly towards me "but to me she's passionate she was willing to give up her life knowing that she could have had many years to live for the person she loved most"

"She was thirteen" I state turning to face him.

"Your point? Everyone meets that one person who changes their life forever knowing that they can't live without them. Juliet just happened to meet hers at thirteen".

"So she couldn't move on?" I argued surprised as my voice suddenly got stronger and more passionate.

"Wow" he chuckled shaking his head "cynical much, do you even have a heart?"

"What heart?" I sassed making the sides of his lips twitch into a small smirk. For a minute there I forgot we were sat in a classroom I was so engrossed in our mini debate. We hadn't talked since the bar and if I was being honest I missed him.

He was about to reply with a comeback to match mine when the bell rang and we were let out of class. I packed up my stuff and quickly walked out the classroom hoping to avoid him and blend in with the rest of the students or as I like to call them dead bodies floating around in hell.