Chapter 35

Listen to Can I be him by James Arthur for this part

______________________________

Alice's POV

Thanks to Jason and Ethan for shoving us both in a cupboard Blake and I called off the temporary war and formed an alliance; clearly this wasn't by choice but although I was a pro at the ignoring game I couldn't stay mad at him. It was like every fibre of my being argued against it; the idiot wormed his way into my head and as much as I wanted to pull away, I unlocked the double doors of my mind and let him stay.

The moment we called a cease fire we went straight back to where we left off as if nothing happened. It annoyed the shit out of Jemma and Alex referring to our relationship as "ironically catastrophic" but we didn't care. We worked and it worked well most of the time.

"Jesus cupcake when you said 'I'll be five minutes' I think you really meant 5 years, hurry up!" Blake shouted.

"I'm coming calm your man boobs Blake". Rolling off my bed I grabbed my backpack and followed sound of my fridge door and loud sighing.

"Wow you have a sad excuse for a snack drawer" he sighed shaking his head dramatically before hopping off my island counter "I'm disappointed, I expected more from you".

Rolling my eyes I snatched back my last packet or Oreos shoving them back in the cupboard "This isn't your house Toms and relax if you stress anymore I'll have to start buying you a bra". Hugging me from behind he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into his warm chest; he kissed my cheek and whispered into my ear "as long as I get to see you in a matching set, I'm willing to take that risk babe". It was times likes this I was thankful for my complexion in disguising my blush.

"I know you're blushing but let's go I need to grab a jacket in case you get cold later, we've got a busy day today".

We skipped over to his house, well I skipped Blake in front hoping no one saw us mostly me. Before we could even knock the door we were greeted by Ethan "pocket rocket" he smiled pulling me into a hug and giving his brother the finger.

"Whatever dispshit, cupcake" he scoffed at his brother then winked at me before running up to his room.

Without even asking Ethan threw me a packet of gummy bears sitting opposite me on the kitchen stools. I kept my eyes on the interior of Blake's home rather than on the list long arrangement of questions I know Ethan was waiting to ask. My eyes travelled from the stack of newspapers on the table, the subtle scent of apple and cinnamon to the black and grey colour scheme of the walls. Subconsciously I played with the gummy bears sprawled out onto the table still avoiding Ethan's gaze.

"C'mon pocket rocket you know I'm going to ask sooner or later"

With a huff I looked up at him meeting the same set of features as the individual I knew he wanted to talk about. "You two are so annoying you know that. I literally shoved you both in a cupboard, how much closer do you need to be?"

Bowing my head I continued to focus on the two gummy bears hoping he wouldn't catch the small smile escaping from my lips. "Aha I knew it!" he shouted leaping up from his chair running around the kitchen island with his arms in the air dancing like a mad man.

"Ethan. Ethan he'll hear you, quit it" I whispered placing a hand on my forehead shaking it slowly as I stared at this sad excuse for an adult. I can now see how Jason and Ethan became friends they both have no shame. Hopping on the kitchen counter I watched in awe at him chant "its happening, the star crossed lovers" making weird tribal movements picking up a nearby spoon thrusting it into the air and handing it to me.