Chapter 19

Alice's POV

Don't get me wrong I love the winter holidays but they end before you know it. It's like Yay School's over then "bang" it's Boxing Day and New Year's Eve all rolled into one massive blur.

The build-up for Christmas day was slow and somewhat exciting. If you ignore the parts where Blake constantly threw candy canes at me or the awkward kiss on New Year's Eve.

~Flashback ~

All I could see were moving bodies in the living room. It was my dad's great idea to have his annual New Year's Eve bash. Unfortunately I had to attend. My father was entertaining his guests, Margaret was in the kitchen, Jeff and Blake's mum were socialising leaving me standing around the food table like a lemon.

I twirled a cocktail sausage around by its stick trying to amuse myself somehow when I heard him chuckle.

"So I see you're bored out of your mind huh?"

I turned to him and let out a sigh.

"Is it that obvious?"

He nodded taking me by the hand and walking outside.

We sat on a nearby bench looking out onto the garden.

"So have you got a resolution?" He asked turning to face me.

Honestly I had a few in minds but what I really wanted from this year was a new outlook on people. This year I wanted to stop being so dependant. I wanted to start living for me and stop thinking about what people might say.

"I want to stop trying to please people".

He smiled and nodded "Nice choice".

"What about you? The almighty I'm so badass Blake Toms" I smirked raising my eyebrow at him.

"Well cupcake it's good to know that you think I'm badass" he smirked back adding in a wink. "This year I'm gonna try to concentrate on the important people in my life".

I was about to reply when Margaret came into the garden "it's time" and hurried back into the kitchen.

We slowly made our way back inside.

"10......9......8.......7.......6......." everyone cheered.

I looked around the room for my father but he was too busy engrossed in a leggy blonde.

"5.....4....3.....2.....1.....Happy New Year!"

I turned to Blake but someone accidently pushed me forward into him causing us to knock heads and briefly brush lips.

Well isn't that a great start to 2016? *note the sarcasm *

~ End of flashback ~

Next thing you know you're back at school completely confused and continuously questioning where the hell the time went.

___________________________________

Blake's POV

The winter holidays went way too quickly for my liking. Before I had time to fully unwind I was back in physics mentally assassinating everyone in my class.

As for Alice and I well we're friends now. After the winter break we had a handful of bonding moments where we enjoyed each other's company. When she wasn't trying to gain another point or waking me with a cloth.

"Blake! Answer the question. "Boomed Mr Sanderson waking me up from my daydream session.

"Uh I don't know my hand wasn't even up" I replied letting out a heavy sigh and making myself comfortable for the rant I was about to receive.

"I know your hand wasn't up but I want you to answer the question".

I rolled my eyes and packed up my stuff ready to leave. Before I set foot out the door I turned to Mr Sanderson. "Look I might as well take myself to the head teachers office instead of replying, because let's be honest here I was gonna end up there anyway".

So with that I left and paid Mr Burns another visit that he enjoys so very much.

I wonder whether he got me that sofa chair in detention I keep asking him about?

"Blake" He sighed placing his head in his hands as I entered his office.

"Nice to see you again Steven, always a pleasure".

___________________________________

Heyy,

Hope you guys have had a great 2015 so far.

Comment...fan and vote

Foreverme101 xx