Chapter 27

Listen to Pretend by Picture This for this part.
______________

Blake's POV

I stared him in the eye jaw tightened hard glaring at him, hoping he would get the message to piss off and leave us alone. Clearly not getting the message he stared up towards the stairs probably in the hope that Alice would come walking down to the door. Unfortunately for him however conveniently for me but then again not so great for Alice she was in too much pain at the moment to even walk.

"So..." he began awkwardly "where's Alice?".

"Sleeping" I replied bluntly leaning against the door still glaring at this idiot.

"Oh...I guess I'll let her sleep and text her then." he smiled a stupid smile that made me want to punch him yet again right in the gut.

"Or don't" I thought but instead I sent him a nod and gladly closed the door once he turned around.

Once Oliver had left I grabbed a packet of maltesers and jogged back up to Alice's room, surprised that she had finally woken up after the last episode of The Originals. She sat there crossed legged in her grey yoga pants and a slouched Nike t-shirt that was clearly made for sports purposes but the fact that Alice just woke up from a nap being the most unathletic made me chuckle. Her hair was a mess resembling a bird's nest and no longer looking like a bun placed on the top of her head. When she heard me enter her hands quickly flew to her head trying to tame the nest of knotted curls, the idea of her being self-conscious about her appearance because of my presence made me smile.

She groaned "Blaaakkkeee why didn't you tell me that I looked homele-" she began but was distracted by the packet of maltesers in my hand. "Wait are those maltesers?".

Chuckling I tossed her the packet watching her rip the sealed packet open like some kind of wild beast. "Better gremlin cupcake?"

Nodding in satisfaction she offered me some chocolate and I took it sitting opposite her on the bed. We sat there for a moment Alice oblivious of me staring at her she was too engrossed in the packet of chocolate.

"So how comes your dad or Margaret isn't home to take care of you?" I asked breaking the silence. She shrugged and stared down at the half demolished packet.

"Margaret doesn't work on Saturdays she has to take care of her family and my father doesn't really come over on the weekends maybe an odd Sunday for dinner but that's about it".

This made me sad I knew there was something she wasn't telling me, I could hear the anger whenever she mentioned her father and the softness of her voice whenever she talked about Margaret as if she owed her something.

"So cupcake you feeling okay now?" I asked collecting the rubbish, food wrappers and Chinese boxes off of her bed and into a plastic bag.

"Yep!" she beamed "feeling a lot better than before, lucky for you my cramps are gone for now".

"Good, cause I'm taking you out and no protests you owe me. Let's go you anti-social cupcake".

"I prefer the term introvert" She pouted crossing her arms over her chest like a little kid having a tantrum but quickly took up my offer realising that she did in fact owe me for slaving over her all day.

"Fine" she mumbled "but I'm keeping the yoga pants".

"Fine by me, I'm enjoying the view" I winked as her butt jiggled a little as she climbed out of her bed. It took her a minute to register what I had said as she turned around and threw a pillow at me.

With that she got up and walked over to her bathroom and grabbing a comb to tame her hair. I give her credit it only took her 10 minutes in the shower and to change for her to meet me downstairs.