Chapter 25

Alice's POV

I know that people with siblings say that being an only child is great because you get the attention and your sibling isn't annoying you 24/7. However this isn't true being an only child sucks especially when you're younger and have to entertain yourself because your dad is always busy. Watching Bailey and Trent argue made me think of what it's like to be alone all the time wishing there was someone to mess around with or talk to when times got boring or lonely but I'm grateful for Jason. We're first cousins and he was always like the big brother I never had and his father practically raised me; after that night things changed and Jason and I got closer he offered to move in with me so I wouldn't be alone. I accepted his offer for a few weeks but seeing him made me feel guilty like I was taking him away from his own life during high school he'd sacrifice going to house parties just to stay home with me in a hope that I wouldn't find out. The guilt only got worse when his team won the championship and he was willing to pass up going to the after party for me but of course I refused the offer and forced him to go. For this I was eternally grateful that he looked after me and was around when I needed someone the most.

"Al you okay?" he whispered placing a hot chocolate with extra cream and marshmallows in front of me. I looked down at the cup smiled and the looked up at him.

"Yeah I'm fine thanks but Jason you work in a bar" I questioned sipping the drink "how did you get hot chocolate?"

His smirk turned into a smile as he stole a marshmallow "I went to Starbucks during my break when you were doing your homework".

Without replying I leaned over the bar counters and gave him a massive hug cautious of not spilling the hot chocolate.

"Love you Jay" I whispered "thank you".

He hugged me back "No problem Al it's just hot chocolate".

I flicked him on the forehead "yes thank you for the hot chocolate but I meant for everything".

He smiled again causing his groupies who were still here by the way to glare at me whilst they ordered more drinks and planned ways in trying to get into my cousins pants.

Jason let go and patted me on the head before fixing the napkins and refilling the fizzy drinks tank. "Al I know it's hard but it's unhealthy to let the anger consume you".

I knew he was right but I couldn't help being so angry at him. What he did that day changed the way I look at him forever. He not only let himself down but he disappointed us all.

"I guess you're right" I sighed staring at my cup showing no sign of returning back to reality.

I mean how could he do that? It doesn't even seem like he feels any sign of remorse or guilt for what he did or didn't do that day.

"Al! Al can you hear me?" He shouted bringing me back to reality and releasing the anger that I felt.

"Huh? Yeah" I replied still a little confused as to where the hell the rest of my drink went.

"Were you thinking about the same thing again? You were really deep in thought"

"No I-" I replied but was cut off by his stupid voice.

"I knew you couldn't stop thinking about me cupcake"

____________________________________

Blake's POV

After Alex left I was home alone which is the best thing for two reasons

1) You can go commando

2) Food

Enjoying the life whilst blazing Kendrick Lamar I walked around my house enjoying the freedom. To release my built up frustration about the whole Alice and Oliver situation I changed into basketball shorts and completed an intense 20 minute workout till the doorbell rang. Cursing I answered the door and found Jeff outside. Dammit I should have left him outside.