Chapter 94

"Now, no pressure here or anything." Camila cooed as she ran her hands over Lauren's protruding stomach as the brunette sat motionless, allowing the diva her moment with their unborn child. "But a lot is depending on you right now. I know it may feel like I'm putting a lot of pressure on your teeny, tiny, still growing shoulders, but I believe this will only help prepare you for the burdens of the entertainment industry which I will be gently but diligently guiding you towards."

"Camila." Lauren was cut off by an elevated index finger. The brunette let out a quick breath and pursed her lips for the diva to continue.

"Thank you. Now, as I was saying. We are currently at a standstill in our preparations for your arrival. We are unable to buy the gender appropriate room décor. We are unable to paint your nursery walls or buy you cute little baby clothes that you will be out growing before we even know it. And we can't even give you a name. We-"

Lauren cleared her throat.

"Fine. I'll conclude this conversation by saying I really need you to be in an appropriate position so your gender can be determined without any inkling of doubt. Thank you."

"Thank you." Lauren exclaimed before she pivoted on the table and laid down. The doctor, who had been patiently waiting on her stool, hit back her laughter and slid up to the expecting mothers.

"This is going to be a little cold." She warned as she applied the jell to the brunette's stomach. Lauren grabbed Camila's hand and pulled her right up against the table, need her close. Despite her stubbornness not to admit it, Lauren actually had a preference in gender, but she was keeping it to herself. She would love their child no matter what, but that didn't keep her from hoping. "Alright. Let's see who we've got in there, shall we?"

Both women's eyes were glued on the screen as the doctor moved the ultra sound wand around. Lauren had to grip Camila's tighter as she felt the brunette get frustrated that every time she saw something that looked like an arm or a hand, the doctor would move again. "Relax, Baby."

"I'll relax when I see it."

"Calm your attitude or I'll give you one. How about that?" Camila mashed her lips between her teeth. "That's better."

"Here we are." The doctor said, pulling the women's eyes away from each other. They both looked at the monitor and tilted their heads to the side. Camila was the first to speak.

"I think it's pretty obvious we are going to have a baby boy."

Lauren nodded her head. "Obvious is an understatement."

"You asked for an appropriate position..." The doctor teased Camila and the extra voice snapped Camila out of her daze, dropping her eyes from the... informative picture on the screen.

"I did, didn't I? And he listened... He." It all finally clicked and the diva looked down at Lauren, smiling as the information set it. "Our son."

"Our son." Lauren echoed in a whisper as happy tears began to fall. Camila bent down and kissed them away before resting her forehead to Lauren's. The brunette cupped her wife's face and sputtered in a mixture of sobs and laughter. "We're going to be parents of a little baby boy."

"I hope he looks just like you."

"I hope he looks like you though. I mean, that's why we picked the donor we did."

"As long as he has your eyes I'll be happy." Camila confessed, kissing Lauren lightly. "And your mind."

"Just promise me you'll wait until he can walk before you enroll him in dance classes."