Chapter 56

Camila left her father and headed out to Lauren who was standing at the base of the stairs smiling widely until she saw the diva's face. "I don't like it when you're upset like that. Who caused it? If it was Meg, I'll talk with-"

"No." Camila answered, shaking her head and allowing herself to be pulled into a hug. "Dad started it."

The brunette sighed in a silent debate with herself, but lost and gave into her frustration. "I don't get it. You always talked about your dads and their unending support of you and everything you have ever chosen to do, but all I've seen Alejandro do is second guess you and make you feel like shit for doing what you want."

Before Camila could come up with her response, the other side of Lauren's personal debate kicked in.

"But then, if my hunch is right, the only thing he has ever not supported you on is anything that involves me."

"Lauren, don't do that." Camila begged as she pulled her fiancé closer. "Don't let this tear you down. I don't know exactly what his deal is. Just...let it be for right now. Let Meg handle him. Their show down is inevitable so wait until afterward before you bring anything else up about his attitude."

"Speaking of that certain brunette." Lauren noted in a musical tone, causing Camila too look up at the brunette in concerned interest. She jerked her head towards the kitchen. "Take a look at that."

The diva looked over her shoulder and found Kim chatting with Kevin, Meg adoringly attached to the assistant's hip, sampling the food that was occasionally being fed to her by the younger woman. "That's cute."

Lauren shook her head. "Wait. Just wait." They both watched as Meg leaned against the counter and ran her eyes over her girlfriend's features as she socialized, much like Lauren did with Camila or the diva did as Lauren slept. Her face void of all emotion because she was so lost in the other woman. "Here it comes." Lauren warned and Camila waited patiently. Kim broke from Kevin's gaze for a second to look at Meg quickly and the apprentice instantly beamed with the biggest smile either of them had ever seen.

"Oh my God. She is so in love."

"And completely whipped." Lauren added with victory in her voice. She was going to tease her friend relentlessly about it.

"So, you think they've...finally?"

The brunette nodded. "You'll notice all tonight, how Meg won't let Kim out of her sight unless she goes to the bathroom or something. And if she's close enough, they will be touching in one way or another." Lauren explained pointing to how the back of Meg's hand was lightly brushing the assistant's hip as she braced herself on the counter's edge."

"How did you deal with that? You need your space."

The brunette shrugged. "It was one of our issues. I love cuddling and everything like that, but every now and then...I just need five minutes alone."

Camila nodded her head, knowing exactly what Lauren meant. That was normally when she would go for her walks with her camera. "So... why is Meg so protective?"

"Why are you so forgiving? It's just the way she is. Nothing has happened to her to cause it. That I know of at least. Her father is very similar but takes your dads approach on normality, but just a little farther." Camila arched an eyebrow for clarification. "Remember how I told you when I first met her parents, she and her dad had an argument about her being gay and his concerns were her being treated like an outcast. It wasn't out of embarrassment like it would have been with my dad, but general concern like yours. Your dad wanted you to date a man so you wouldn't have to go through the hardships either. Her dad just absolutely refuses to accept that Meg is gay, thinking it will eventually change her mind. He just wants her to be safe."