Chapter 89

"Good morning." Camila sang as she walked into the bedroom with a tray in her hands.

Lauren arched an eyebrow, just managing to open her eye enough to see the alarm clock. "It's eight-thirty. You let me sleep in?" Camila held the tray and her beaming smile until Lauren finally found the energy to push herself up from the mattress to a sitting position. "And you made me breakfast?"

The diva managed somehow to smile even wider as she set the tray of food down on the foot of the bed and fluffed some pillows behind the brunette's back. "I did. I cooked you eggs and bacon and toast. There is also a selection of orange juice or milk to drink." Camila informed her as she returned to the tray and set it over Lauren's lap. "I wasn't too sure if something as acidic as orange juice would be a good choice with your new tendency to..."

Camila trailed off as Lauren held up her hand, silencing the pending conversation of vomiting. It wasn't something she wanted to talk about before she even tried to eat anything.

"Sorry. Anyway, enjoy."

The brunette looked down at the meal in her lap and then to her exuberant wife before patting the mattress next to her. "Here." She said, handing the diva the glass of orange juice and a piece of toast. "Eat with me. Although, you really didn't have to do this. I'm pregnant, not impotent."

"I know." Camila assured her softly as she looked down at the glass in her hand as Lauren nibbled on her bacon. "I just... I'm excited and I feel like you're the one doing all of the work when it comes to the baby, so I feel the need to do all the work when it comes to you."

Lauren smiled adoringly then leaned over and pecked her cheek. "I appreciate it. But can I make a suggestion?"

"Of course." Camila answered, shifting and straightening her posture in eager anticipation.

"Save most of your sweetness and efforts for when I get too big to do certain things for myself. You don't want to burn yourself out now."

Camila nodded her head slowly with the wide-eyed look of a child. This was all so new to her. She had never been around a pregnant woman before. Well, besides Lauren in high school, but that was only for one class and Harmonizer Club. When it came to the reality on a day to day life, she was ignorant. "Things like what exactly? I need to know so I can look out for the opportunities."

The brunette smiled but shrugged her shoulders and waited until she finished chewing to answer. "Well, eventually I'm not going to be able to reach things in the kitchen cabinets because my belly's going to be in the way. I'll need you to get things all the time for me. I'll have difficulty shaving my legs even, because I'll be too big."

"Can't have you with man legs." Camila teased and Lauren playfully glared at her.

"But on top of things like that, you're going to have to deal with hormones and mood swings and that first time my clothes don't fit and I start to cry because I'm getting fat."

Camila laughed.

"It's not funny. Just wait. You'll be doing more than your fair share. I'm talking two am cravings form specific restaurants across town that you will be required to go get if you intend on sharing the same bed with me." The diva arched an eyebrow and Lauren nodded. "Yeah. I'm going to be a bitch."

"Great... Can't wait."

"Oh, and just know right now, that I love you and I trust you completely. Because I guarantee you there will be at least one night where I tell you to leave and call up one of your stage harlots to spend the night with because they're prettier and sexier and don't look like a cow. Or if I accuse you of flirting with them because you're completely turned off by the sight of me."