Chapter 95

It was about midnight and Meg was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, and waiting. She knew it was coming but couldn't bring it up herself. It had to be Kim. "Can I ask you something?"

Meg smiled, knowing she knew this was coming but dropped it as soon as her fiancé turned around to face her. "Sure."

Kim sat up in bed and looked down at her lover, her brow dropped. "Why do you always have to get in the middle of things? They are a married couple and you were doing so good at staying out of their business until now."

"Okay." Meg stated, sitting up and pulling her legs to sit Indian style. "Well, first off, them being a married couple doesn't make them immune to problems where support is sometimes needed from friends. If Camila hit Lauren, would you want me to just stand there and wait until she asked me to help?"

"There is no way Camila would do something that serious to Lauren."

"True. Bad example, but an example nonetheless. There are times when someone is needed to step in. Either when something serious happens or when something serious needs to be prevented from happening. And secondly," She added quickly, cutting Kim's rebuttal off and earning a little bit of a glare. "I didn't get involved. I was doing exactly what you have been wanting me to do all along. I stayed out of the way, waiting until I saw that I was needed. I didn't actually interfere. I got a little too upset. I admit that. But I didn't put myself between them like I would have in the past."

"Only because I interrupted you first."

"That's an assumption. My feet were firmly planted on the ground and I had no intention of moving towards them unless I needed to. They were, like, twenty feet away as well." Meg stated and Kim rolled her eyes, looking away. "Why does it bother you that I care so much? I thought that was one thing you said you loved about me the most, that I had a big heart and wanted to be there for everyone."

"It's not that you care, it's how you go about expressing it sometimes."

The older woman just shook her head. "I can't win. I've been trying to back off. I didn't get involved. I didn't even say anything. And then when given the decision to make, I followed you to the office and left them alone. But still I did something wrong?"

"You threatened to kick Camila's ass and you had no idea what she had even done to upset Lauren!" Kim exclaimed turning her body to face Meg in her frustration.

"I did not threaten her. I said I was waiting to see if I needed to. Waiting being the key word. What is wrong with that? I already admitted that I allowed it to get me too upset, but I didn't act on those emotions. Is that what pissed you off? That it upset me that bad? I'm sorry. I'll try not to care that much anymore."

"Meg, don't be a drama queen."

"I'm being serious." She said in a calmer tone, not wanting this to escalate into a full-blown fight. There was more to Kim's irritation. Meg was sure of it, but she didn't want to press. It was more than likely something stressing her out about the studio or the wedding plans and they would breeze over with time. Right now, she just wanted to fix this problem first. "Is that what pissed you off? Tell me. Tell me so I can fix it."

Kim took in a deep breath and let it out slowly through her nose as she looked around. She didn't even know what had her so upset anymore. It had been Meg's insistence of putting herself in everyone else's business but she had a point. She didn't actually put herself in it this time. She was concerned, but never stepped in or said anything. She was just observing.

Meg waited for nearly a minute of silence before she spoke again. "Can I tell you what I think?" Kim shrugged, unable to look her in the eye until she figured out why she was upset and justify her attitude. "I think that what upset you, was thinking that I had once again overstepped my boundaries when I told you I was trying to figure out if I needed to get involved. You automatically thought that because I was debating it, that I actually was going to. You don't trust me not to and you believe you should be able to by now. You don't think that I've shown enough progress over the last two years."