Chapter 92

Kim watched from the far side of the youngest Jauregui couple's breakfast bar as Charlie met Michael for the first time. They were opposites in appearance. Michael was a man of rather short stature, barely taller than Lauren while Charlie was a towering six foot three. Michael's brunette hair, light skin, and green eyes shown bright to the dark features of the burly looking man that towered over him. And while Michael carried himself with class and distinction, even if it was with a slight bit of arrogance, it was unintentionally magnified by the taller man's lumbering ways. Meg's father carried himself as if there was another hundred pounds of power pushing him along the way. Each movement of an arm looked as if it could knock down a wall. He was brute force wrapped tightly in his frame, just waiting to explode. Lauren had always found it humorous that Meg referred to her father as a giant teddy bear. She for the life of her couldn't see anything cuddly about him.

"Smile." Camila demanded as she wrapped Kim in a hug from behind. The assistant had been frowning as she watched the dance of dominance between the two men as they shook hands. Charlie might not have approved of his daughter's relationship with Lauren when they were together, but he disapproved more of the stories he had heard about Michael. He didn't agree with Meg's choices, but he would have never kicked her out or hit her. Michael was barely above Kim's foster parents in his mind. "Clearly you two haven't told them yet." Camila stated, trying to break Kim's intense gaze.

"Clearly." She replied softly as she lifted her arms at the elbows to put her hands on Camila's arms. "And I'm terrified. What if he completely freaks out and-"

"Leaves? That's not all that bad of an option, you know. Look." Camila said, turning the other woman in her arms. "Nothing serious is going to happen here. Firstly, you are surrounded by many, many people who would put themselves between you and any danger. We love you and we are never going to let anything happen to you again. Secondly, I have had countless long discussions with Lauren, trying to get a read on Mr. Doucette before he got here." She paused at the confused look on Kim's face. "What do you call him? I know Lauren calls him Charlie to piss him off, but I'm not really looking to start off making a bad impression."

"I call him Charlie as well. It seems like he has gotten used to it."

"Okay. Charlie it is. Well, with me inviting Charlie into my house with a pregnant wife as well as you, there was no way I was going to invite another Michael. Okay?"

Kim nodded her head. "Okay. Then with there being no fear of that, now I'm just nervous."

"Of what exactly?" The diva prodded, trying to logically ease Kim's fears. "Of him saying 'no'? Do you really think that his disapproval is going to stop Meg from marrying you?" The assistant smiled and shook her head. "Exactly. And we all know that Marie loves you. I mean, she's been pushing for this engagement longer than anyone. Even you. You have nothing to worry about."

"You're right." Kim agreed with a little burst of confidence. "What's the worst that could happen? He throws a little fit and Marie sends him back to the hotel? I could handle that."

"Exactly." The diva agreed, nodding her head with exaggerated movements.

"I don't even think he would." The assistant informed her, getting swept up in the moment. "I think he is so set on showing Michael that he is a better than Michael could ever be, that he wouldn't even give him the opportunity to think otherwise."

Camila pursed her lips thinking that may not be the most logical assumption anymore but still nodded her head. "Good. See. No worries. Now, where are the other two?"

~/~

"Why didn't you tell your dad to back off before he got here? I told you what happened when Mom and Dad went to Dayton." Lauren asked as she pulled Meg into her office.