34. Frost Fair

"She's rather determined.", Isabelle said to my right.

     "Yes. It's clear she doesn't want to waste any time.", Tyler said to my left.

     "Well, I can't blame her. It's for a special occasion.", I said to them. My fraternal twin Isabelle/Belle came to help me with my problem. My childhood friend Tyler/Ty was asked to accompany Belle so she wasn't traveling alone. And now he's also helping Elizabeth and me. Either way I'm happy to have them here. We looked ahead when Paula spoke up.

     "My lady, please slow down a bit!", Paula begged chasing after Lizzy.

     "Careful, you're going to crack the ice if you keep stomping about like that", Lizzy told Paula with a serious tone. she let out a surprised cry as she looked down at the ice. Lizzy Ty, Belle, and I all held back our laughs.

     "Relax Paula. There's no cracks in the ice so there's nothing to worry about,", I attempted to calm her down. She sent me a smile before turning her attention back to Elizabeth.

     "Please understand My Lady. If you're parents learn that we took a detour they'll be terribly angry. I'll be in a lot of trouble.", Paula tries to reason with Lizzy but she won't budge. I can't blame her. This is important...! but we can't find anything good enough.
I had the day off so Lizzy, Tyler, Belle and I went shopping. We went to so many stores but ended up not getting a single thing. On our way home we heard about the Frost Fair. We figured we should see if there was anything there worth buying.

     "But Herend and Liberty were utterly useless. They had nothing to offer.", Lizzy argued before jumping on the ice. Paula shrieked. Probably still believing Lizzy's words from earlier. "I was joking. It won't crack.", she assured her maid.

     "Excuse me My Lady, but there seems to be something specific you're both searching for.", Paula said. "Might I ask what?"  

     "Something special. We need a present for Ciel. It's almost his birthday.", Elizabeth explained. "The perfect present. One that will make him happy. I mean very, very Happy!", she added on.

     "Oh! Lady Elizabeth that- that is absolutely adorable!", Paula exclaimed. "I understand now. You have my word, I pledge to help you in whatever way I can in this endeavour."

     "Thanks Paula! How sweet!", Elizabeth replied.

     "We appreciate the help.", I told her. We've been searching for nearly a week...but we still haven't been able to find the right gifts.

     "Alright, let's get searching. We only have a few days left to find the perfect present.", with that we quickly began looking through everything that was being sold at each tent.

     "Ciel likes tea, right?", Belle asked.

     "Yes, he loves it.", I replied.

     "Then how about this tea set?", she asked.

     "I thought about getting a tea set...But when I was looking I realized he owns all the good ones.", I explained.

     "What about this board game?", Ty suggested. 

     "He already owns that one. I wouldn't be surprised if he owns every board game ever made.", I said with a sigh.

     "Oh, look at these. Aren't they simply wonderful?", Paula asked showing us bells.

     "No! Those won't do at all." Elizabeth stated.

     "Y-you don't think so? I thought they'd be an adorable gift. Jingle, jingle.", Paula replied before shaking the bells.