9. Today Is Going To Be Great

I woke up early this morning before Mey-Rin, like usual. I go dressed in my uniform before brushing my hair. Once dressed I grabbed my small notebook and placed it in the pocket for my apron, before grabbing an elastic and putting it on my wrist. I then quietly left the room, making sure to not wake Mey-Rin. Once out the room I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. No surprise that I found Sebastian already there, making Ciel's tea. I was about to ask if he needed help, until he cut me off.

"Good morning (Y/n). If you want to help, you can start by grabbing a tea set.", leave it to Sebastian to what I'm going to say, before I actually say it. I replied with a quick, "Okay", before doing as told. I grabbed this lovely tea set, then gave it to Sebastian to put the tea in. After that was done we went straight to Ciel's room. Once there Sebastian knocked on the door before entering the room. Like usual I waited outside the door for Sebastian, before going back downstairs. When Sebastian exited the room, I was about to start heading downstairs when he stopped me.

"(Y/n), Master would like to speak with you.", he said before leaving back downstairs. I knocked on the door, waited for Ciel to say, "Come in", before entering the room.

As I entered Ciel looked up at me before saying, "Good morning (Y/n)."

"Good morning Master.", I said back with a smile. Ever since my first day here at the Phantomhive manor, I've been trying to make him smile. Both Lizzy and I made a deal that we'd try our best to make Ciel happy, or happier than usual. Sometimes he will smile, but only when we're alone. Plus the smile is always a very faint one, but it's still a smile. I decided to find out what he wanted, so I asked, "So...um, why did you want to see me Master?"

"I wanted to know, if you want to spend the day together? I have nothing important to do today, so I was hoping you would keep me company.", he said.

"I would love to Master. Plus I could use a day off.", I replied back. I know what your thinking. It's weird for a noble and one of his servants to spend time together, It's weird to a lot of people but not to Ciel and me. Before you start assuming things, Ciel and I are not together, even though I wish we were. We can't be together even if he liked me because Ciel's engaged to his cousin, Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford. I'm fine with all that though because Ciel and I are friends. We're actually quite good friends, we've been since my third week working for Ciel. We spend time together for a day, whether it's the whole or just part of a day. This sort of thing happens at least once a week. On top of all that I get a day off, so there's really no downside.

"Excellent. Would you like to join me for breakfast?", he asked.

"I would be honored My Lord.", I replied.

"(Y/n), didn't we agree that on days like today, you call me Ciel?", he questioned.

"Sorry, force of habit. It won't happen again Ciel. Shall we head to the dinning room? I'm sure Sebastian has finished making breakfast by now.", I then said.

"Yes", he replied back before we left downstairs to the dinning room. On the way there Ciel and I talked a bit, but when we weren't I was thinking, "Today is going to be great."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked this chapter.

Also I (obviously) don't own Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji

P.S. Ciel is dressed the same as in the picture at the top. You are still in the maid uniform.

If you forget what it looks like here it is :

this and boots