31. The Demon Hound Part 2

“(Y/n), do you know where the others are? I need to speak with all of you.”, I heard Sebastian say as I left my room.
        “Yeah, they’re outside. I was just about to go out there. Would you like to join me?”, I replied.
        “Yes. Please lead the way (nickname).”, he answered.
        “Then please follow me Sebby.”, I said before walking down the hall. Sebastian held the door as we went outside.
        “This has got to be the worst holiday ever.”, Bard stated as the others sat around looking depressed.
        “The worst, yes it is.”, Mey-Rin agreed as Sebastian and I approached them.
        “What’s the matter? You were so excited on the way here.”, Sebastian asked curiously.
        “Yeah, well that was before.”, Bard replied.
        "Don’t look so gloomy. We’re on a holiday. It’s a time meant for relaxing.”, Sebastian said holding up a picnic basket. The servant brightened up instantly.
        “What do you guys say to going swimming?”, I ask.
        “That sounds great!”
        “Count me in!”
        “I would love to, yes I would!”, they all reply.
        “If everyone’s in agreement then let’s head to the front of the castle. A carriage is waiting for us there.”, Sebastian informed us. As soon as he finished speaking Mey-Rin, Finny, Bard, and even Tanaka darted off.
        “Looks like they’re feeling better.”, I say with a laugh.
        “Indeed, they’re as lively as ever.” Sebastian agreed as we followed after them. In no time at all I was in the carriage with Ciel. After about ten minutes we arrived at the lake we passed earlier on. When the carriages stopped Bard and Finny were the first to hop out. Quickly grabbing the swimsuits Sebastian pack them before running off to get changed. Mey-Rin and I were the next to hop out. We both grabbed our swimsuits and went to get changed once the boys were done. Mey-Rin and I quickly got changed before going back outside.
        “Wow! The water looks amazing. Right, Mey-Rin?...”, getting no response I turned around confused. “Mey-Rin? Aren’t you coming out?”, I asked her.
        “No, I can’t go out there! It’s too embarrassing!”, she shouted in reply.
        “Come on now! We don’t get the chance to do this everyday!”, Bard tried to convince her. When she didn’t come out I assumed she would just stay in there. Deciding not to keep bothering her, I walked over to Ciel. Standing next to his chair I questioned him.
        “Aren’t you going to join us?”, I asked as he closed his book.
        “No, I don’t find swimming all that entertaining.”, Ciel answered. "Even so, you should go have fun. Like Bard said, you don’t get the chance to do this often. Go on, I’ll be fine here.”, he added on.
        “If you insist.”, I replied before joining the others in the lake. The four of us had a splash war. Laughing as the water hit us before returning the favour to our attacker.
        “Hi Angela!”, Finny shouted to her as he waved. She waved back from her spot next to Tanaka. While they waved to each other Mey-Rin and I got splashed to death by Bard. After hearing my stomach growl I laughed.
        “Are you guys hungry?”, I asked. “I know I am.”
        “Yeah, let’s go eat!”, Finny replied before we made our way to Tanaka and Angela. After we unpacked the lunch everyone dug in. Everyone except Angela. “Please help yourself Angela.”, Finny offered.
        “Really? Are you sure you don’t mind sharing your lunch with me?”, she asked in reply.
        “Of course not! Go on, it’s delicious! Sebastian really knows how to cook.”, Mey-Rin insisted.
        "We got him! The bad dog's been caught! We got James's dog! Hurry! The punishment’s about to begin!", a man shouted in the distance.
        "Go get changed! Quickly!", Ciel ordered as he closed his book and stood up. "I want to see what this punishment is."
        "Yes, Sir!", we said before the boys ran off to get changed. Once they returned Mey-Rin and I did the same. Next we all headed in the same direction as everyone else from the village.
        “Bad dog let go! Bad go give it to me!", a man shouted at the dog as he tried to pull a piece of cloth out of it’s mouth. “Let go!”, whack “Let go!”, whack, whack, whack. The man shouted as he hit the dog numerous times. We watched from a distance feeling shocked and disgusted.
        "What a bad dog it deserves punishment. Get started!", Barrymore said before some other dogs were released. They ran straight towards James's dog and attacked it.
        "Stop this... You can’t do it... It’s awful… Just let the poor thing go!", Finny said before grabbing a large wooden stake out of the ground and hitting all the attacking dogs away. “Stop this now!”, he shouted. A old woman screamed before fainting and falling onto some random villagers who caught her.
        "Finny!", Mey-Rin and Bard shouted as they ran over to him. Ciel and I quickly followed after them. The villagers started to complain. Saying that we interrupted and that we should be punished like bad dogs. Of course no one disagreed. Why would they? They’re all savages after all.
        "Not so powerful now, are you?", Barrymore asked Ciel who was now hanging from a wall by chains around his wrists. While he was there Finny, Mey-Rin, Bard, Tanaka, and I were tied up around a large wooden stake.
        “Master! I beg you show mercy this one time. These people don’t deserve the punishment.", Angela pleaded.
        “You have a point. This little Pomeranian is the Queen's Guard Dog after all. If he can be made to see reason, perhaps I'll decide to  let him go.", Barrymore told his servant. "Leave this village immediately and advise Her Majesty never to send her minions near it again.", he told Ciel as if it was an order. 
        "You're so pathetic. You rely on lowly tricks to maintain your meagre power. If there's a stubborn dog here, I'd say I'm looking at him.", Ciel replied. 
        "If that's your final choice, you can learn what happens to a dog that challenges me. Get him!", Barrymore said. Numerous dogs were released by their owners. The dogs ran to Ciel and were getting closer to him by the second. They were about to attack when Sebastian stopped them. 
        "You cut that close.", Ciel complained.  
        "It won't happen again. Trust me.", Sebastian assured him.
        "You dare to interfere dog?!", Barrymore asked Sebastian. "Well?! What are you mangy mutts waiting for? Kill both of them now!", Barrymore told the dogs. 
        "Shameful. What course, noisy growls they have. One of the reasons I despise these creatures.", Sebastian says before making his eyes glow. Which caused the dogs to whimper before lying down. 
        "What the hell?! What did you do?!", Barrymore asked clearly surprised. 
        "Your pitiful farce ends here Barrymore.", Ciel told him. Completely ignoring his question. "Listen! There is no Demon Hound. It's all a lie! There's just him! An old man obsessed with power, determined to keep it no matter what.", Ciel stated to the villagers. 
        "Wh-what evidence do you have?!", Barrymore asked. 
        "There's this.", Sebastian answered. "We found it in your mansion.", he said holding a dog's skull. "I took the liberty of confirming that the teeth marks on James match the teeth in this skull.", he said. The villagers gasped. "Do you see it now? The truth about the Demon Hound. It's shadow was nothing but a projection. Just a transparent trick.", Sebastian continued to explain. "The glowing is phosphorescent dust sprinkled on a normal dog."
        "The Demon Hound is merely an illusion. A story made up by an evil man. The man you let rule your village. This man, Henry Barrymore.", Ciel said as Sebastian poured the phosphorescent dust onto the ground.
        "No! It's all nonsense! You can't fool them. Where's your evidence?", Barrymore asked. Ciel simply smirked. Sebastian walked over to James's dog. It didn't seem to have much longer.
        "You can rest. Your duty is done. I'll take it from here.", Sebastian told the dog before grabbing the cloth from its mouth. "What fine material. I wonder why the dog was eager to hold on to it until the last moment. Interesting behaviour, don't you think?", Sebastian asked. 
        "Wh-what the hell?!", Barrymore said surprised. 
        "Yours. A scrap of cloth from your pants. Torn off by James's dog when you attack his master. You recognise it, yes?", Sebastian questioned. No reply came from Barrymore. He turned and tried to leave before the villagers stopped and surrounded him.
        "Give up Barrymore! It's all over now!", Ciel stated. The villagers lifted up his pants leg to see the bite mark from the dog. Next they picked him up and carried him off. Once the villagers were gone Sebastian and Angela let us all free. 
        "My goodness, I'm glad that's over, yes I am.", Mey-Rin said happily.
         "You were one amazing pup. A loyal dog defending his master until the very end.", Finny said to James's dog. Picking him and hugging him he said, "You were a good boy. Such a good boy.", as he started crying.
        "There you go. Yet another reason why I hate dogs.", Sebastian said before it started to rain. 
        "Sebastian could you go get a couple shovels. I assume you know why", I said to him.
        "Only if the Young Master will allow me to.", he replied. I looked to Ciel.
        "I'll allow it. Now go.", he ordered. "Yes, My Lord", Sebastian said before he was off.
        "You should head inside.", I suggested to Ciel.
        "It's fine. I'd prefer if we all stay together. Especially if it will help Finny.", he said looking over to the gardener.  I walked up to Finny before sitting next to him and hugging him from the side.
        "Finny, it's starting to rain. You should head inside. Sebastian and I will take care of burying him.", I said after a minute of silence.
        "No! I want to help. Please let me help, (Y/n)!", he pleaded.
        "Alright, I guess if you really want to you can.", I agreed.
        "Thank You!", Finny said as he pulled me into another hug. 
        "Are feeling better now?", I asked worriedly.
        "Yes, I'll be fine.", He answered.
        "Good, then let's take care of this quickly. The last thing I need is for any of you to get sick.", Sebastian said approaching us with three shovels. After nearly fifteen minutes we had the dog buried. Once we finished Sebastian rushed us back to the castle and inside. When we were back indoors we left to our rooms to get changed. Everyone was sitting in there rooms about to go to sleep when a scream echoed through out the Barrymore Castle. I immediately recognised it as Mey-Rin's. A feeling worry ran through me I ran downstairs where I was sure it came from.
        "Mey-Rin, what's wrong?", I heard Bard ask as I made my way down the stairs. As soon as I reached the bottom of the staircase I looked towards Barrymore's cage. My eyes widened. The was a pool of blood in front of the rumble that was made from the large hole in the wall.
        "He's gone...Bloody hell.", Bard said surprised. Just then Ciel, Sebastian, and Angela had made it down the stairs.
        "Where's Lord Barrymore?", Angela asked. Suddenly there's a knock at the door. We all made our way up the stairs and to the front door. Being the first one there, Finny opened the door. 
        "The Demon Hound...The Great Hound is here.", a villager said. We all grabbed our coats and looked for the villagers. Fortunately, Mr. One Hell of a Butler new where to find them.   
        "What's happening?", Sebastian said as we approached the villagers. They were once again doing that chant together.
        "Snap out of it! What are you all doing?!", Bard said to a villager who just ignored him and continued to chant. Mey-Rin and Finny screamed when they saw Barrymore's corpse. Sebastian went and inspected the body. While he did that the villagers begged the Demon Hound for forgiveness. Not long after Angela fainted.
        "Angela!", Finny said before picking her up off the ground.
        "We should head back to the castle.", I said. Kneeling down by Finny I said, "I'm sure she's fine. She probably just needs rest.", before he picks her up and we head back to the castle. "You guys can leave her with me. I'll make sure she gets better. For now just go inform Master Ciel and Sebastian on her condition.", I tell the servants before they leave the room. Once they left the room I got to work. Lifting up her arm I check her pulse then I made sure she was breathing. Just to be safe. After all I didn't know why she fainted. Luckily she seemed just fine. Maybe she just over worked herself or something. She should be better by tomorrow.
        "(Y/n)! How is Angela doing?", Finny and Mey-Rin asked.
        "She should be fully recovered by morning. Now, I'm tired. Far too much happened today. We should all head to bed. ", I said.
        "Right!", They replied. With that we left to our rooms and went to sleep. I was so tired that I just took off my hat, apron, and boots before laying down and falling to sleep.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked this chapter!

Also I (obviously) don't own Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji

Thanks for reading!