32. Case Closed

"For today's tea we have a cabinet pudding. It was made using local black berries.", Sebastian said as he placed Ciel's breakfast in front of him.
"You're certainly relaxed.", Ciel said.
"Because we are in no hurry Sir.", Sebastian replied.
"Sebastian!!!", Mey-Rin shouted as her and Finny ran through the door.
"What's the matter this time?", Sebastian asked. "Do calm down please."
"We looked everywhere but we can't find Angela anywhere!", Finny said. Panic evident in his voice.
"Is that all? Don't worry about it.", Bard told him. "She said there were some medicinal herbs down by the fen. She went to pick some up. That's all.", he explained.
"Right now? Why would she?", Finny asked.
"She went all alone when there might be a demon Hound out there?!", Mey-Rin asked furious.
"I would've went with her if I knew she was leaving. I haven't seen her all morning and wasn't aware she left.", I told her.
"What was she thinking going out all by herself?", Finny questioned.
"She said she was worried. You know about you being a little sick and all.", Bard explained.
"For me? She went for me?", Finny asked surprised.
"Come on Sebastian! Come on (Y/n)! Let's go help him!", Bard said as he ran past us.
"Well...Uh...", Sebastian said hesitantly.
"Are you a red blooded man or aren't you?!", Bard asked. "Fine then let's go Mey-Rin", he said
"Sir, yes sir.", she replied.
"Where's Tanaka?", he asked before seeing the old man all dressed up and ready to go. "That's the spirit! 'kay let's move out men!", Bard exclaimed.
"Wait a second!", I said getting their attention. I turned to Ciel.
"May I go Master?", I asked for permission to leave.
"I don't see why not.", he answered.
"Thank you Sir.", I said as I bowed before joining Mey-Rin and Bard. "Okay now let's go!", I said as we ran off. Bard leading the way.
"Angela!!!", We all shouted as we looked for the maid. The further away we got from the castle, the more fog continued to form. "Angela!!!", we shouted again and again. Still we couldn't find her.
"Oh, Angela please answer us.", Finny said worriedly. Suddenly Mey-Rin started screaming.
"What's wrong?", Bard asked rushing over to her. Finny and I close behind. Mey-Rin pointed of into the distance. From where we stood we could see objects sticking out of numerous hills. Then we spotted a hand sticking out.
"Hey, look at that ring.", Finny said.
"It's Lord Barrymore's", we all said looking at each other. Then we heard a loud howl. We already knew it had to be the Demon Hound. Running over to a boulder we all hid behind it. Looking around the large rock we saw a white haired, red-eyed, naked man.
"My, who is he?", Mey-Rin asked. I, on the other hand have already stopped looking.
"I don't car who he is. All I want to know is why he's not wearing any form of clothing. Really, why isn't he dressed?", I asked.
"I have no idea (Y/n).", Finny answered. After some time Bard started talking quietly
"A trophy, so it really wasn't the Demon Hound that killed Lord Henry. It was a human being after all.", Bard said.
"You mean that man treats those body parts like trophies? That's revolting.", I said disgusted
"Quite the specimen, yes he is.", Mey-Rin said basically drooling over the mysterious man.
"But why? Did he have some sort of grudge against Lord Henry?", Bard asked.
"It's possible. I wouldn't doubt a man like him had at least a few enemies.", I replied. Mey-Rin gasped.
"I wonder, did Angela ask him to do it?", Mey-Rin questioned.
"Say what? Why would Angela do that", asked Bard as curious as I was.
"Yeah he's right.", Finny said sounding angry.
"Easy boy.", Bard said in an attempt to calm him down.
"Angel has nothing to do with this. Don't just go around accusing people!", Finny said furiously. Unknowingly raising his voice.
"Shh!!!", we told him. Finny quickly covered his mouth once he realized his mistake. I heard a rumbling noise that also caught the others attention. Looking over in the direction of the noise we saw the villagers running towards us in bathing suits.
"What are you doing? Why are you dressed like that?", Bard asked once they stopped.
"We're all gonna bathe in the waterfall to ease the wrath of the Demon Hound.", a villager explained.
"He's back. His terrible voice echoed throughout the village all last night."
"He howled for hours and hours. The Demon Hound is angry and still among us.", The villagers said.
"Oi! Finny!", Bard shouted before we followed after him. Once we caught up to him we followed him as he continued walking. We stopped when we heard a loud howl.
"W-what is that sound?", Finny asked. He gasped when the Demon Hound was visible.
"It's real.", Bard said not believing his eyes.
"It's the Demon Hound!", Mey-Rin, Bard, and Finny shouted.
"What are you doing?! Finny Wait!!!", Bard shouted sounding panicked. Finny ran towards the over grown mutt for some reason. "Ah, hell! Here give me that.", Bard said grabbing the gun from Tananka. "Time to show you what I can do.", he said pulling the trigger. It would've been a good shot if the gun fired a bullet. However, the gun only shot out confetti. "Bloody hell! Why would you bring a toy gun with you?!", Bard shouted at Tanaka. "(Y/n)! Do you have a gun on you?", he asked me. Frowning a shook my head.
"Unfortunately no. I only have a dagger in my boot, and I'm pretty sure it won't do anything against that.", I tell him gesturing towards the Demon Hound. "Finny!", I shout as the Demon Hound is about to hit him. Quickly pulling the dagger out of my boot, I threw it towards the creature. Hopefully it would stop the monster's actions before Finny could be injured. However before Finny could be crushed Sebastian arrived. He caught the dagger and threw it to the ground, where it stabbed into the dirt.
"Would you look at that so well trained. You even know how shake hands.", Sebastian said holding the Demon Hound's paw in his hand.
"You were just in time.", Finny said still sitting on the ground.
"But I'm afraid well-trained or not you'll have to go.", Sebastian said throwing the Demon Hound into the air.
"Come, this is no time to be playing with a puppy", Ciel scolded him.
"Certainly, I shall finish it off at once.", Sebastian replied.
"It smells irresistible doesn't it dog?", Sebastian asked the Demon Hound. "This is is what you want right?", he questioned pulling out a box of dog treats. "Inukko, the treat no dog can refuse."
"Dog treats?!", everyone asked surprised.
"Look out Sebastian!", Mey-Rin shouted as the Demon Hound jumped towards the butler.
"There is only one way to properly train a bad dog.", Sebastian states. "You must train the creature to obey your every command. Using rewards and punishments. Firstly! Reward!", Sebastian said as he hoped on the Demon Hound and bit his nose.
"Okay, what's he doing now?", Finny asked confused by Sebastian's actions.
"I guess this is training", Mey-Rin said.
"And now... punish!", Sebastian said as he hopped off the Demon Hound and kicked it in the face. "Reward.", he said holding up the dog treats once again. "Punish." he said punching the over sized dog. "Reward.", he said rubbing it's stomach before saying "Punish!", and jumping on it.
"Puuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnish!", Sebastian said as he spun around before throwing the Demon Hound in the air.
"Well I suppose I did tell him to put on a good show.", Ciel said next to me.
"And finally a hug!", Sebastian said sounding a bit too cheerful. He hugged him before jumping into the air, then made the Demon hound fall towards the ground.
"Sebastian!", the servants ran over to the hole in the ground that Sebastian made with the over grown mutt.
"Uh... hello?",
"I don't see him down there.", the servants say as they look down the hole in the ground.
"Quit doddling in that hole! Get back here right now!", Ciel ordered. Knowing well enough that the butler was perfectly fine.
"Yes Sir.", Sebastian replied. Just then water started to come up from the hole. Grabbing Ciel's arm I dragged him back. The others quickly backed away as well.
"Ow! Ow! Hot!", I heard be said before I was splashed by some of the water.
"Ow!", I whisper to myself as I put my hand on my arm.
"Blimey! What is this a hot spring?", Bard asked
"Um, where's Sebastian?", Finny questioned.
"This village is intended to be a resort for the Queen. It needs a central attraction. A luxury, a way for visitors to relax and forget their cares. That's what we have here. A natural hot springs.", Sebastian said on top of the water.
"Wow! It's amazing!", Mey-Rin, Bard, and Finny said in awe.
"If I couldn't find a hot spring or two for my master, well then what kind of butler would I be?", Sebastian asked. "The idea is simply unthinkable." he said before the Demon Hound (now in human form) started licking Sebastian's face as he held him in his arms.
"I don't know how much more of this I can take!", Mey-Rin said as her nose started bleeding.
"Pluto!", Angela said suddenly showing up.
"Pluto?", asked Sebastian as 'Pluto' ran over to the maid.
"Good boy! My good boy.", Angela said petting Pluto's head as he licked her face.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

"I'm sorry for the confusion. This is Pluto. I found him last month. I've always been a big dog lover and he was so adorable. I absolutely had to take him in.", Angela explained as we were getting ready to leave.
"Adorable?", Mey-Rin and Finny said looking at each other confused.
"He does have a bad habit of turning human when he gets excited.", Angela informed us.
"A habit?! You call that a habit?!", Bard asked clearly shocked.
"So you sheltered and fed him for a month without telling anybody else?", Sebastian asked.
"That's right. Lord Barrymore used the legend of the Demon Hound to control the villagers. But in truth he feared the hound more than anyone else. I didn't know what would happen to Pluto if he found out. I see now I was too indulgent. I never thought this sweet boy would hurt Lord Barrymore. I beg you sir, please take him with you. I know its an imposition but would you bring him to live at the Phantomhive manor?", Angela pleaded. Sebastian looed at her surprised.
"You want us to keep that monster?!", Bard questioned.
"He needs a firm hand. I think if Sebastian was there to train him he would become a good dog.", Angela explained.
"No thank you. I'm one hell of a butler, not one hell of a dog trainer.", Sebastian stated.
"Why not?", Ciel asked.
"Master, is this an order?", Sebastian asked glaring.
"It is.", Ciel answered immediately "I think I'll find it amusing in several ways.", after the response Sebastian sighed.
"The curse of the great Demon Hound is lifted.", a man says as him and the villagers ran in our direction.
"Oh, thank goodness we're finally free." Another man exclaimed as all the villagers sit on their knees and put their hands together. They looked as though they were praying.
"What's all this about?", Ciel asked just as confused as the rest of us.
"My Lord, there is a legend in this village that when the sins of our ancestors against dogs are fully atoned for the land will weep tears of forgiveness.", Angela explained.
"The lands tears are a blessing.", an elderly lady said. All the villagers were crying tears of joy.

"Don't they realize that the hot springs has been there under the ground all along?", Sebastian asked.

"Likely not. At any rate our work here is done.", Ciel stated.

"I seem to recall you were forced to eat your words earlier. Would you like to say it again now that it was true?", Sebastian asked somewhat amused.

"Why don't you do it?", Ciel asked annoyed.

"This case is now officially closed.", Sebastian said over dramatically.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

"Excellent, this is perfect.", Ciel said as he sat in the hot spring.

"Allow me sir. Traditional hot spring service. You see My Lord, this is how the Japanese enjoy hot springs.", Sebastian said as he placed a tray on the water in front of Ciel.

"It is a nice addition.", Ciel said. "That gloomy village has experienced quite a transformation. I imagine it will be enough to dispel the Queen's worries.", Ciel stated confidently.

"Something tells me that my worries are just beginning.", Sebastian said before Pluto swam by.
"(Y/n)? Could you go start packing?", Ciel asked looking over his shoulder.
"Yes, My Lord. Are we leaving today?"
"I plan to."
"Then I should hurry.", I replied before bowing and leaving to take care of my order.

~~~~~Time Skip...Again~~~~~

"Nice and snug. Don't ever forget me dear Pluto.", Angela said as she put a collar on him before she placed a kiss on his cheek.
"And put some bloody clothes on alright! Don't just let it all hang out there! Come on!", Bard shouted. I hand Mey-Rin a handkerchief as her nose starts bleeding.
"Well, it was fun Angela.", Finny said sounding a little sad.
"I'm sure we'll meet again my sweet boy.", Angel said before giving Finny a kiss on the cheek. His face instantly turned bright red.
"If you're finished, shall we go?", Sebastian asked.
"Certainly. Perhaps someday I'll come visit Pluto at the estate.", Angela said.
"I don't think that would be a good idea.", Sebastian said.
"Something's up. Why would he say that?", I thought to my self.
"What?", Angela asked surprised.
"You were able to tame a Demon Hound. That's a task not many people could do. You seem to have a talent for wrapping lesser beings around you're finger.", Sebastian said. He clearly knows something the rest of us don't.
"Sebastian! Stop being so rude. We would be honored to have you come visit Angela. Right Master?", I asked Ciel.
"Yes, of course.", Ciel said not really interested.
"Let's go Sebastian, (Y/n).", Ciel said waiting for us. Sebastian and I both bowed to Angela before leaving.
"Was it really necessary to invite that maid to the manor?", Ciel asked as the servants continued to say their goodbyes.
"Yes, it never hurts to be polite.", I tell him. "I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt she even has a way to get to the estate.", I assure him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in months. I feel awful! A lot of things in my life have changed. I hope you guys can understand.

I hope you liked this chapter!

Also I (obviously) don't own Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji

Thanks for reading!