Chapter 47

Song- Let Me Go- Avril Lavigne ft Chad Kroeger

****

Alana

      "Alana, do you realize this is not your engagement party? It's a kid's birthday party." Nina reminded me as she threw my clothes from the wardrobe, and picked a black short dress. "Can I wear this?"

   "Go ahead." I said. "And, I know it's a birthday party, but do you realize that a lot of posh people are going to be there at that party bringing along their posh kids because it's Gary Masters' granddaughter's party. They won't be there dressed like they are going for grocery shopping."

Nina gave me that sarcastic look. "You are already starting to look like Minnie's step-mother."

  "Who said I was going to marry Rowan?" I gave her the 'are you crazy look?'

   "It's written all over your face babe." Nina teased me, applying a thick coat of my lipstick. "You get wet when Rowan even looks at you."

    "What, were you checking my panties?"

    "With that dress, I can just say that you're asking for Rowan's attention. And I feel pity for him. He won't get this booty tonight even if he tried right?"

    I applied some lip gloss. "Nope. Not a chance."

   "I feel so sorry for him." She said.

   "He left me horny for two years, remember? It's revenge time."

      I glanced into the full length mirror to check my appearance. I did look kinda hot in the long elegant red evening gown that was mermaid off shoulder and a major part of my back was bare. I chose a nice tall pair of killer heels which made me taller than my five feet three. My dark hair fell around my back in lovely curls. I'd spent an hour to get them done.

   "He sent you a enormous bouquet of roses and a beautiful apology card. Isn't he such a gentleman?" Nina batted her eyes at me.

   "Whose side are you really on?" I glared at her.

   "Chez is supposed to be here in ten minutes. Where the hell is he?"  Nina quickly changed the subject.

    There was a knock at the door. "That must be him."

*****

        We rode in Chez's mustang, the speakers blasting in full volume. My ears were bleeding. I tried to calm my nerves thinking about seeing Rowan again, but my heart always betrayed my mind. Suddenly Selena Gomez started singing on the radio 'The heart wants what it wants'.

   "Can you change the fucking station?" I asked Chez.

    He frowned at me. "What's gotten into you?"

    The car maneuvered slowly on street that was now infested with cars. Chez told us to join the party while he parked the car across the street. If there were drinks, I knew these two were going to drink like there was no tomorrow and every liquor company was going out of production which meant, I would be the designated driver.

    Nina and I stepped into the lawn that was now decorated completely with multicolored balloons, lights decorating the trees and the entrance of the house. The doors were wide open. A few eyes turned in our direction, a few married men gave me a once over.

    There were individual pink tables and chairs where a lot of parents were lounging in. Almost all the tables were taken, children running and goofing around. I noticed a large screen in a corner, a lot of girls were watching a movie. Elsa singing let it go...let it go.