Chapter 54

Niall's pov

After debating whether to smack the shit out of Harry, go home, or smack the shit out of Harry, I decide beating him up won't get me anywhere. Going home and talking to Liam or Zayn sounds much better, even though I'm still pissed at both of them. The rest of our family members are on a different floor so that might help with not having to explain anything to my dad.

I mumble a quick goodbye to Louis before standing up and walking out of the bar. Louis drove so I decide on walking the short block to the hotel. I will probably regret it when I get there, with all of the girls outside and no one to be mean for me. As much as I would like to shove through all of the screaming girls I know I can't and that option is and always will be out of the question. First of all I would feel terrible afterwards, and second of all it's not there fault.

Counting my steps, I continue the wall to the hotel and before I know it I'm in the hotel lobby. I didn't even look up when I was walking through the crowd, making it easier for them to understand I didn't have the time to sign anything or say hello. I greet the manager at the front desk and take a seat in the small café.

"Niall?" I groan quietly wishing for one day without being noticed. I turn around putting on the biggest smile I can muster.

"Hi.. oh hey." my smile drops then quickly returns when I see Addy.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you guys have been gone for hours and Harry hasn't text me back." I gulp not wanting to discuss Harry with her right now.

"Oh, well I'm fine. I can't say anything for the other boys." I mumble.

"Okay," she stares at me, expecting me to engage in conversation. "I'm going to go up stairs."

"I should probably go as well." I say trying to ease the conversation.

We walk down the narrow hallway and step into the elevator. We both stay completely silent. I swear You could cut the tension with a knife. It was so awkward to be with her. This time I didn't do anything. It was all Harry. It was going fine and I slept in the same bed as her and we talked. But just like that Harry had her back under his finger tips. She will be heart broken when she finds out. I want so bad to tell her but she will just break. She probably wouldn't believe me anyways.

What can I lose?

"Addy," I can't do it. She would break and I don't think I can stand to see her like that. "What's your favorite color?" real smooth, Niall, real smooth.

She giggles and it almost brings me to my knees.

"Umm.. yellow. And I kinda like purple."

Good luck getting yourself out of this one.

My subconscious snickers. She was right, though.

We stood in silence before she finally dug me out of my misery.

"What about yourself?" She smiles and I melt.

"Green or blue, depending on the website." She bursts into fits of laughter and I give myself a pat on the back. Good job Niall.

The elevator door opens too early. I don't bother to wave good bye when she reaches her room. I will literarily be across the hall from her. Zayn was sharing a room with me like always. Him and Liam probably went somewhere else because I didn't see them at the club. Then again I wasn't exactly looking for them. As if he was reading my thoughts, Zayn walks in on the phone with someone. I assume it is his mother or Perrie. Maybe one day Addy and I could be like Perrie and Zayn. What am I thinking? we can barely have a full on conversation for three minutes.

Zayn walks past me and sits on his bed that is right next to mine. He doesn't say anything to me as he hangs up his phone and I climb into my bed, exhausted.

Addys pov

I take a quick shower and can't help but hear the door open and close. I consciously turn off the water and grab one of extremely small towels of off the hook. By the foot steps I can tell it could be one of the boys but I have learned over my years not to be that naive. Whoever it is takes very slow steps and they are getting closer to the bathroom which is connected to the two bed bedroom. One of my hands is holding up my towel and the other has made its way over to the doorknob. My music is still playing so the intruder obviously knows I'm in here. The footsteps stopped a little too close for comfort. I peak through the door but I can't see anything. I open the door all the way. The person jumps to there feet oblivious to me being there before they saw me. He turns around and I let out a breath I was unaware I was holding.

"God dammit, Liam, you scared me." I put my hand over my forehead, exasperated.

"I thought you were with Harry." He defends himself.

I turn around on my heel and he whistles. I turn around and flick him off before going back into the bathroom.

"Liam?" I yell over my music.

"Yup." he says telling me he was right by the door.

"Can you hand me my duffle bag?"

Within seconds he opens the door and he hands me my bag.

"Addy, I meant it earlier. You are very beautiful." He blushes.

"Don't you have a girlfriend? and thanks I guess." He looks at the ground before responding.

"Yeah, Danielle and I arnt together anymore." he whispers.

"Oh,okay" I don't want him to stress about it right now. He walks out and shuts the door.

I quickly change, eager to hear what had happened between the two of them. I can't help but feel a little selfish about this situation. I have barely spoken to Liam since we arrived in America. Liam and I used to always talk. They could have broken up the day after New Years and I didn't even notice. Liam did seem a little down over the past two weeks but I'm too wrapped up in myself to say anything it comfort him. I'm sure the boys already know everything. I feel terrible for letting Liam's weakened face slip my mind at the breakfast table. The bags under his eyes as he stared pointlessly at the small tv. They were only together for two weeks too. He couldn't have been that attached. I mean he only knew her for a couple of weeks.

What has happened to me? I'm still acting as if I don't care. I've never been self revolve meant . If that even makes since. I have always put others first and here I am not feeling the slightest bit of pity for my best friend.

I exit the bathroom and crawl into bed facing Liam in his bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he shakes his head. "I'm sorry, Liam, I really am. I haven't paid you the slightest bit of attention over the past few weeks. And I have barely spoken to you. I have been so self revolved the past few weeks. And I don't-" he cuts me off.

"It's fine. It wouldn't have worked out anyways. Don't blame yourself." He gives me a weak smile before turning off the lamp and falling asleep.