Putting up Decorations

A/N:

Saph: We know it's past Christmas, but there will be a part two to this!

Cookie: There will?- I mean - there will!

Saph: We'll try to upload the next chapter soon! Bye!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Third Person P.O.V.)

     (Y/N) let out an exaggerated frustrated sigh. "The white and blue lights would look beautiful on the house!"

     "No. Colored lights!"

     "Oh, come on!! White and blue would look like a Winter Wonderland!"

     "But please!?" (Y/N) looked at (C/N)'s unchanging facial expression. "Ugh. Fine. But we're putting blue and white on the tree, then."

     (C/N) gave her a cheeky victory smile and put the colored lights in the cart.

     "What about these giant light-up candy canes for the yard?" He suggested, holding up one of said candy canes for further investigation.

     "Oooo! Sure!" (Y/N) quickly grabbed a few of the canes.

     "We also need a few inflatables..." (C/N) reminded her.

     (Y/N) smiled brightly and looked towards the display of inflatable animals. "A snowman and a reindeer!" She decided after a couple seconds of thought.

     "I like the Santa's Sleigh thing they have up there." (C/N) said, pointing up to the display on top of the shelves.

     "Maybe a few reindeer." (Y/N) looked to (C/N). "Do you think you can reach them?"

     "You underestimate my abilities." He commented, while grabbing the boxes of inflatables they had chosen, and stacking them in and onto the cart.

     (Y/N) giggled. "So strong. Now come on, we gotta pick a wreath, ornaments, and other decorations."

     (C/N) looked at the overflowing cart then back to the eager (Y/N). "...I'm going to go get another cart."

     "Good idea. You go do that. I'll be looking at wreaths."

~~~Time Skip brought to you by Sherlock and Watson~~~

     After lugging in the last box, (Y/N) was exhausted.

     "Such a weakling." (C/N) teased.

     "Oh shush. That's why I have you." Sighing, she sat on the couch and took in the sight of the mountain of decorations they had just purchased. "So, do we want to put up the tree and then decorate everything else, or decorate everywhere else and then fool with the tree?"

     "Everything else then the tree." (C/N) began to pull out the lights for the roof. "Can you carry the ladder outside for me?"

     (Y/N) sized up the ladder. "Carry, no. Drag, yes."

      (C/N) chuckled at her and walked outside. (Y/N) placed the ladder where she was instructed and watched as (C/N) climbed on top of the roof, the ladder wobbling as he did so.

     "Be careful!" (Y/N) cautioned as snow fell from the rooftop.

     "I laugh in the face of danger." He yelled back, laughing dramatically, and began clipping the lights in place.

     Meanwhile, (Y/N) made her way inside through the snow and began decorating the interior part of the house.

     After lighting holiday scented candles through out the house, (Y/N) set to work getting everything decorated. And within the next hour, she was hanging up the last stocking. Then, in the middle of her performance of 'Let It Snow,' there was a crash and thud, followed by a groan.

Rushing outside to see what all the commotion was, she saw (C/N) on the ground with a pile of snow resting on top of him.

"Did you fall?" (Y/N) asked clearly trying to muffle her giggles.

(C/N) groaned. "No. Way." He remarked, sarcasm oozing from each word. "Is that what happened?"

"I told you to just use the ladder all the way around instead of climbing on the roof."

"Too lazy."

(Y/N) helped (C/N) up and gently dusted the snow off of him. Then they both walked inside and began setting up the tree.

~Mini time skip brought to you by Procrastination and Cookie's love for Disney~

(C/N) carefully placed the angel atop the tree, and the pair stepped back to see their work.

The tree was lightly dusted with snow from outside, which complimented the blue and white icicle lights on the tree, and a beautiful variety of ornaments adorned nearly every branch.

(Y/N) rushed to turn off the lights and plug in the tree, watching slightly awestruck as the lights illuminated the room with a little help from the fireplace.

They smiled at each other, both feeling rather accomplished.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" (C/N) walked over to the light switches.

"That is?"

(C/N) flipped a switch and through the windows they watched as the inflatables began to blow up.

"Ah," (Y/N) realized, "better."

(C/N) gave a slight nod. "What's next?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~