I cringe. "I know right? I can't believe it. She didn't mention who but her son said it's that Zach guy."

She takes a few minutes to take in the information and I begin to munch on my chips, waiting for her to zone back into reality. I flicker my gaze on her as I grab her drink and sip from it due to having finished mine; it's a surprise that she hasn't noticed or else she would have lashed out on me by now.

"What are you going to do?" She asks after a few minutes of being silent.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean what am I going to do?" I say incredulously.

She huffs. "Do you want to-"

"No!" I furrow my eyebrows at her, shocked that she's even asking me this question. She's my best friend and she should know that I'm not anywhere near ready for marriage!

"It wouldn't hurt to look into it," She shrugs and drags her drink away from my grasp before sucking on the straw. "After all," She sits back up and messes with the cup. "It's good to marry young. You can lower your gaze and-"

"Maria," I say in a low voice, growing frustrated with her all of a sudden. "I'm not getting married now."

"But-"

I stand from my seat and grab my bag pack off the floor before heading out of the canteen. After battling through the countless amount of students, I'm outside in the cold, fresh air where there isn't as many students as there is inside the building.

"Alvina!" Maria cries from behind me and I turn around to face her. She struggles to run towards me as her bag dangles off her arm and she holds both our unfinished meals. "Wait!"

"Waiting." I say and I fight the urge to burst out laughing at how funny she looks right now.

"Why did you run off like that?!" She moans as I take the food out of her hands so that she can sort herself out quickly.

"I don't know," I say with a playful roll of my eyes. "My bestie is supposed to be on my side but there she was...edging onto-"

"Ugh," Maria nudges me as she lifts her bag onto her shoulder before grabbing the food out of my frigid hands. "Honey, I love you but you need to stop being so moody!"

I gasp in mock hurt. "Moody?!"

She nods her head and has a look on her face that says she is completely sure of what she said. She picks at a chip and throws it into her mouth, the steam from the potato rising into the air and contrasting against the cold.

"Am not!" I huff and fold my arms across my chest even though I kind of agree with my best friend...I just can't show it.

"Are too," She raises an eyebrow at me challengingly. I open my mouth to answer back but struggle to find a good come back which makes her snort. "Exactly...moody Margret."

I gasp louder this time and slam my hand against my chest, completely flabbergasted because of my best friend. I don't know whether to agree with the girl or find her words offensive.

Truth is...I know I can be a little moody at times but - fine, I'm moody a lot of the time but hey...I'm a teenage girl who has major mood swings.

It's just your personality, Moody Margaret.

I huff in annoyance and turn my face away from Maria, making her laugh through her mouth full of food. "You did not just call me by the name of a cartoon character!"