The One Where No One Makes Up

H a r r y

It's been a few days since Luke came out of his room following the Jennifer incident. He's eaten, showered, gone about his normal day-to-day activities. We're still keeping a close eye on him, but we're all glad that he's out and about.

Speaking of Jennifer, she's yet to show her face since Luke came out of his room. We've been worried about her as well. We know she didn't intentionally hurt Luke. All we really want is for the both of them to make up, but we know that may not happen for a while.

With my head clouded over with thoughts on my friends' well-being, I dodge the people walking on the street. I pull my jacket closer, the wind chilling me as it blows. I eventually make my way into the coffee shop, thankful that it's toasty inside.

I order myself a coffee then find my friends and sit with them. They're silent, so I can tell that something's up. I send glances to each of them; Katie, Michael, Nicole. They don't keep eye contact.

"Where's Luke?" I ask, trying to make casual conversation.

"He just walked out." Michael whispers, like he's afraid someone will hear.

"Guys, what's going on?" I inquire.

"Jen was here when Luke walked in." Nicole begins, placing a hand on mine. "It was... intense, to say the last. They both caused a scene. Jennifer just wanted to talk. Luke wouldn't listen. He yelled at her for not loving her back-"

"Screamed bloody murder, more like it." Katie inputs.

"Yeah." Nicole nods. "Jen yelled back at him for not understanding. They stormed out and went opposite directions."

"That's...yeah, that's insane." I mutter in disbelief. I can't picture those two causing a scene in here. I can't picture those two causing any kind of trouble at all.

"They both need to sit down somewhere and dish out their feelings." Michael points out. "It isn't good for them to deal with it all like this."

"How're we supposed to get them in the same place at the same time willingly?" Katie asks the question we're all wondering.

"We'll have to trick them. It's the only way." He replies. "Get Jen to think you just wanna have a girls day with her. Get Luke out 'cause we wanna have a guys day with him. Tell them to meet in the same place."

"When do you plan on setting this into motion?" Nicole inquires.

"As soon as possible."

-

So we did exactly as Michael talked about. I told Luke that Michael and I wanted to meet up with him at Katie's apartment so we could all hang out together. It took a bit of persuasion, but he finally gave in. Nicole talked to Jen and they're both supposed to be heading to Katie's apartment around five this evening.

How they'll act when they realize what we've done? There's no telling.

Nic ❤️️ 3:47 PM
I feel like Luke and Jen are legit going to despise us or each other if this doesn't go well...

Harry 3:48 PM
Love, don't worry too much. They're best friends. They'll work things out, even if it takes a little time.

Nic ❤️ 3:50 PM
I know, babe, I'm just worried. I don't want them to end up hating each other.

Harry 3:53 PM
I understand. We'll just have to see how everything pans out.

Nic ❤️ 3:53 PM
That we will

-

To say that this plan is a disaster is absolutely an understatement. It remains just Nicole and I. There were too many flaws in our plan, too many holes. And now I feel like Luke and Jen hate Katie and Michael as well as Nicole and myself.

4:53 PM, Katie and Nic's apartment;

The door swings open, Luke treading in loudly. I glance over to Katie and I can tell she's not happy with the way he waltzes in like he's just bought the place, but what's more appalling is the smell he's brought with him.

He smells of alcohol, very strongly, so he must've already drank his weight in beverages, but that's just the thought that goes through my head. He's swaying as he stands in the middle of the floor and I'm afraid he'll fall and bust his head so I take it upon myself to stand near him for safe measures.

When he sees everyone staring at him, he sends a lopsided grin. "Well, good evening, friends."

"Hey, Luke." Nicole speaks first. "Had a few drinks?"

"What? Psh. No way." He chuckles, but it seems it's more to himself. "Well, okay, maybe one or two... or twelve. I dunno. I lost count. Gotta get a buzz before I go out with my lads." He wraps an arm around my shoulders, patting my back simultaneously.

"We weren't gonna go drinking tonight, Luke." I inform him.

"That's no fun." He pouts his lips then removes his arm and sits in the kitchen chair beside Mike.

"You can have fun without drinking, Luke." Michael informs him. As Luke is reminding Michael of a time when he used to drink a lot, Jennifer walks in through the already open door. She smiles as she glances over at Katie and Nic, but when she glances over to us and spots Luke the smile vanishes. I can practically see the cogs turning in her head as she realizes what's going on, and this is all before Luke notices her in the room. His mood changes. He goes from chipper and ready to party to angry man on a mission. What mission? I have no idea.

"You guys set this up." Jennifer points out, glaring at the four of us. "How dare you. How dare all of you! Fuck. Can't trust anyone. I don't want to talk to him. I don't want to see him. He will not hear me out and I'm not pushing myself on him. And until you guys can understand that then I'm not hanging out with any of you." No one says a word as she storms out.

Luke rises from his seat, sending us all a glare that could kill us. He makes his way to the door, stumbling.

"You guys know what she did. Why would you bring her here when I'm here?" He almost falls on his face. Michael is quick to head over to his aid, helping him stand straight. "I cannot believe you all would do this." He tries to push Michael away but Mike argued with him for a bit that he needs help until Luke lets him help him to their apartment.

"Well, with that, I'm going to Niall's house." She grabs her phone and her purse, and then there were two.

"Harry." Nicole sighs, wrapping her arms around my torso. "What're we gonna do?"

I kiss her forehead as I start thinking of more ways to get them to work things out. "We'll figure something out."