The One Where Everyone is Arguing

J e n n i f e r

It wasn't everyday I confronted a friend on something, but today was going to be one of those days.

He thought I didn't notice, but I saw the look Luke had on his face when Katie mentioned Ashton the other day. I see how he walks off when I talk about him, or how he gets frustrated when he's forced to listen to me talk about Ash. Ashton hasn't ever done anything to Luke, and I want to know what the hell his problem is with him.

I walk into Luke and Michael's apartment, calling out Luke's name until he comes out of his room. He stuffs his hands into his pockets and teeters on the heels of his feet.

"What's up?"

"So, I've noticed that you seem to pretty much hate when I even mention Ashton's name and I'd just like to know why that is." I say to him. "I mean, he hasn't ever done anything to you, Luke."

"It's nothing, Jen, swear." He replies, refusing to meet my eyes.

"We've been friends for long enough that I know when you're lying, and you just lied straight through your fucking teeth." I retort, crossing my arms over my chest and biting my tongue to keep from shouting any other profanities. His eyes finally meet mine, and there's something in them that I can't quite figure out.

"I just think the guy is scum, alright?" He finally speaks the truth, and it doesn't surprise me. He reacts this way any time I've ever had a boyfriend. "He doesn't deserve you. No one deserves you. You're amazing, Jennifer. And every guy you've met so far has hurt you."

"Who deserves me then, Luke? Please, enlighten me." My attitude comes through, and I can feel anger coursing through me.

I can tell he's biting something back. He glances to me one final time, lets out a huff, then crosses the floor past me to the door.

"I'm late for an audition." He mumbles before letting himself out and shutting the door.

Ugh, that boy.

-

K a t i e

"I can't believe this." I mutter. "I can't believe we just did that."

"I can." He chuckles as our eyes meet. I place a hand on his bare chest, lightly running my fingers across it.

"Don't get me wrong; I'm glad it happened. That was fucking amazing. But I can't believe it was with you." I bite back a grin. "I mean-"

"I know what you mean, love." He chuckles yet again. Fuck, even that chuckle is sexy. What is it about this man? "But, I have to get going. Got a very early day tomorrow." He gets up and starts putting his clothes back on. I'm sad to see him go, of course, but I can't stop him.

"Okay." I nod. I try my best not to sound disappointed, and I'd say I did a pretty good job at it.

"I'll call you in the morning." He leans over to me and kisses me once more after he's finished getting ready. He slips on his shoes then shows himself out.

I wait a few minutes before throwing on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. I sit by myself on the couch in the living room, staring blankly at the tv as my mind wanders about Niall and what we just did. That is, until someone comes barging in. When I see that it's Michael, I send him a grin then turn back towards the tv.

"You're glowing." He noted as he sits beside me. "What'd you do tonight?"

"I am not glowing." I roll my eyes.

"You are." He pokes my arm and side, attempting to get me to fess up to what I did.

"Okay, okay." I push his hands away. "Niall and I had sex tonight."

"What?" He seems surprised, and not a good surprised.

"I said; Niall and I-"

"I know what you said. I don't want to hear it again." He interrupts. He's annoyed by my actions, and I can't seem to think of a reason why he would be acting like this. "Why would you do that? You've barely been seeing the guy two weeks."

"Because it's always been a small fantasy of mine to see what sex is like with Dr. Horan, and tonight I got to live out that fantasy." I explain. "What's your deal? I didn't hurt anyone by doing this."

"You're gonna end up hurting yourself, Katie. You're giving him parts of yourself that he doesn't deserve." He responds. "What if he was only seeing you for the sex?"

"That's fine by me. It's not like I'm in love with the guy, anyway." I reply. "I don't understand why it's such a big deal when a girl sleeps with a guy when she barely knows him but a guy can sleep with ever how fucking many girls he wants to. That's ridiculous, Michael. You've slept with probably over triple the amount of people that I've slept with, and you're criticizing me?"

"Whatever, Katie." He rolls his eyes. "I'm sorry for being concerned for my friends best interest." With that, he's off the couch and out the door in a matter of seconds.

What the fuck?