Secrets, One He Knew

// wow look @ me gettin fancy w titles
ok lets get on w this
oh yeah, this is in 3rd person and switches back and forth from MC and Zen
leggo \\

That secret dies with us.

That was the message he read over and over for weeks. He didn't understand. What secret did she have? He was with her all the time. They told each other everything. Did he miss something? Was it something he said?

He watched her sway back and forth in his kitchen, looking cheerful and perky as normal. Her head moved to the songs on the radio, sometimes mouthing the lyrics. The beat of the music let her hips follow, which made his lips curl up slightly.
This is what kept him from asking her. She never acted that something was wrong.

But that's what it was. It was just acting. He couldn't believe he had missed it. Here's what happened.

Zen held his lovely girlfriend who laid peacefully silent in his lap. Her phone was in her back jean pocket, buzzing quietly. Assuming it was just the chat blowing up about the photoshoot, he pulled it out to silence it. The number of vague messages is what made him stop. It wasn't about the photoshoot. It was something about her. His thumb mindlessly scrolled through the messages. It disturbed him that there was something that they knew that they didn't. It also made him mad that there were many "don't tell Zen" and "I hope she's well" icons repeated frequently. What were they talking about?
He ignored it, and sat her phone on the couch.

It was now a few days later.

"MC?" Zen asked quietly, letting his fingers trace over her free hand, the other cutting a few tomatoes. It was nearing four or so, and they had an interview at 7pm, so they were eating now.

"Hm?" The brunette hummed back, moving her thumb to rub his hand. Her smile remained, having no clue that there was something bigger coming.

"Is..." He paused, stopping her cutting "Is there something you haven't told me?" There was still a small smile on his face, but hers showed pure happiness.

"You mean that I haven't told you I loved you today?" She asked, taking both of his hands and swinging them. She went on her tip toes to kiss his chin. One of his hands held her lower back, the other holding her hand. He let out a soft, but flat laugh.

"No, no. I mean..." He sighed but still smiled. He felt sorta stupid, because it could just be nothing. But the other half of him said it was important.
"I mean, something significant, something I should know about"

MC's heart sped up some, looking at him. God, she didn't want to tell him. But damn! She hated lying to him! She hated deceiving him, she despised it. She reached up to brush some hair out of his face, becoming much quieter.
"There's this one thing, but... but I wouldn't call it significant anymore" She kept a small hopeful smile on her face, hoping he'd drop the subject. She hadn't planned anyway to tell or get out of the situation.

"Oh" He chirped back, popping back to his bright self. His lips formed a smile that touched her nose. "Then can you tell me?" He hummed back to her, wrapping completely around her waist.

"What? No!" She said quickly, displacing herself from his arms almost unconsciously. "I can't tell you"

Zen's face dropped faster than she had stepped away from him. "Why not? You said it's not significant. If it's not significant, then you should be able to tell me" He stepped towards her dominantly, wanting to know immediately. His step caused her to move back. Not that she was afraid, but she wanted to avoid the conversation as a whole.

"It's insignificant since it happened weeks and weeks ago" She spoke again, looking down. She felt awful.

There was a long silence, then he softly grabbed her shoulders. "Did someone hurt you? Did someone release false information?" He stopped his interrogation when he realized his significant other wasn't responding.

"MC... are you crying?"

Her head was down, her arms hugged tightly around her waist, and her hair covering her whole head. Her shallow breathing and heaving shoulders gave it away that she was breaking down.

"Zen" She breathed out in a weighted breath. Several silent seconds fell upon them before his hand went to reach her face.
"No!" She moved back once more "Don't touch me"

His arm fell to his side, watching her in heartbreak.
"I wouldn't call this insignificant, MC. It's obviously bothering you and I won't stop till you tell me!" He raised his voice to emphasize.

"You'll stop loving me if I do tell you!" She sobbed and yelledout in response, letting one of her trembling hands covering her mouth. "I can't" She muffled out.

Zen's heart shattered right there. His breath hitched and responded in a whisper "I'd never stop loving you" He spoke up some "You could rip my eyes out and I'd stay loyal to you"

He cautiously pulled her to his chest, rubbing the back of her head. "Tell me" He whispered.

Many moments of silence and hushing came before the actual reveal. Her voice was coarse but was full of confidence.

"We... well, I, was too confident about the, uh, medication I was on" She started. Even though Zen was pictured as knowing everything about women, he tilted his head like a confused puppy.
"and I got pregnant." She let the words leave her lips. Her head tilted upwards some, just to see his face.

He looked calm and understanding. His eyes met with yours, looking tired and drowsy. His face relaxed and showed a sense of sadness.
"I did it for you Zen. We're too busy for kids just yet. Eventually? When we're married? Of course, now just isn't a good time" She explained breathlessly, trying not to get discouraged.

"MC" He said gently, letting his fingers caress her chocolate locks. "You're right. We aren't ready. I'm busy with acting and now probably modeling. We have interviews and photoshoots now, and you're the one managing it. If I'm under pressure, it means you're feeling it too. Stress isn't good, and it wouldn't be good for our child" He let out a small sigh
"I want a family with you. I want everything with you that I left behind. The only thing I'm upset about is you not telling me"

He pushed her away a little to look directly into her eyes. "We're a couple. I'm going to marry you. Don't be afraid to tell me things. We might get angry at each other, or end up crying into each other's arms like we are now, but that's the side effect of love. Love comes with pain and I'm ready to face it with you, wherever it may come"
Her hand went to wipe a few tears away from his flushed face. He smiled.
"I love you MC. We are one. I'm not afraid to fight with and for you"

"Thank you, Zen" MC's eyes went soft again, then rubbed her wet eyes. "We should get ready, for later"

"Together?" He questioned, having something else in mind.

"Of course" She cooed back, taking his hands and scurrying back to their room.
-
-

// hi i sorta rushed to finish this but expect a nsfw (LEGIT this time) chapter next which ill maybe publish today or tomorrow

(-: any1 want to see their interview or photoshoot scenes? ill gladly do them

thanks 4 reading--- im studying rn
\\