41

Friday was officially deemed the last game that we had until the Championships started back up in 2017

Friday was officially deemed the last game that we had until the Championships started back up in 2017. We were excited because Howard's last home games were always the best ones. Dance practice was back in play after out unexpected cancellation on Monday, and by Thursday, we had the whole thing down pat. Dancing as a Bisonette has definitely taught me to catch on to dance moves easily. Prior to attending Howard, I usually had weeks, sometimes even months, to catch up with a routine before having to perform. But now, after being a Bisonette for about four months, I've recognized my ability to learn a whole routine--stands, halftime, and sometimes something extra--in a matter of a week.

Now, we just had to hope and pray that this mindset translated to my academics next semester.

I took my last final today--Statistics. It was safe to say that the extra studying I did was much needed. I had no idea what I got on the exam, but I was proud of myself for actually falling through with my whole study agenda. It definitely helped that Nia, Claire, and Alisha were a part of my study group. We kind of motivated each other throughout these past weeks which on campus was known as Hell Week. Hell Week, which was essentially just finals week, was a lot harder than any other week I had experienced on campus.

And now, we were done.

At this point a lot of students were preparing for our extended winter break. If it wasn't for the game this Friday, I'm sure a lot of students would be packing their bags and heading to their family's house for the holidays.

Howard's campus would be shut down completely winter break. The only way you were allowed to stay on campus was if you paid an extra fee. Our rooms didn't necessarily have to be cleaned out during winter break, but they had to be cleaned enough. RAs and campus police would be doing a mandatory walk through throughout the break in preparation for the next semester. This was the reason why I neatly folding up my clothes and placing them in a more organized location. Claire was doing the same, but her side of the room had remained relatively neat during this whole semester, so she really didn't have much to organize. I, on the other hand, managed to accumulate way too many clothes during my stay, and I guess it never hit me that one day I was going to have to find a place to put them.

"Are you going to get all of this done by Monday?" Claire questioned hesitantly. I sent her an unknowing look. Colby and I decided that were going to leave on December 19th to go to his hometown of Lincoln Heights and stay with his family until January 7th when campus officially opened. It was a long and drawn out stay and intially I thought we were going to go on the 24th and come back on the 26th. It was clear Colby had other things in mind, and the duration of the stay was making me nervous. I had been to summer camps and the likewise before, but I had never stayed with another family before. I was angry at my parents for making me do this because Lord knows if I could've been down South with my family, I would've. But, I was very disappointed in the actions of both my parents and I had to stand my ground when it came to this.