23

It was the first Monday after the game, and everything was back to normal as if we didn't just get our ass beat less than two days ago

It was the first Monday after the game, and everything was back to normal as if we didn't just get our ass beat less than two days ago. Well, almost everything. Despite the fact that this week was suppose to be our Bye Week, the basketball players had practice every single day this week. I think it had a lot more to do with the fact that they lost-- bad-- more than anything. The dancers, however, were free this entire week. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with all this extra time. Maybe I could get ahead in some classes, or catch up in others. Or maybe, I'd use this time to go shopping since I actually haven't been to a mall since I came to DC.

But all of those ideas I would have to think about at a later time.

Right now, I was making my way to Statistics and I was kind of dreading it. Despite the fact that Sonny was still very much helpful when it came to teaching me how to understand Statistics, I didn't want to associate myself with him. I was stuck between the decision of cutting him off, and possibly failing the class, or attempt to keep the relationship we had very business-like. I said attempt because even though I knew I could do it, I couldn't actually guarantee that Sonny would be on the same page.

These winters months were going to be a cold one, I could already tell. It was nearing the end of October, and the early moments of the day were absolutely freezing cold. I was hoping Halloween would be a little warmer, considering the fact that the outfit I had put together consisted of some shorts. But then again, here I go again worrying about something in the future. I had a lot more important things to worry about presently.

I stepped into the Stastitics classroom and made my way towards my regular seat. Recently, Sonny had been sitting next to me, but today would be different. I placed my bag on the seat, and moved my binder over to give the illusion that the seat was taken.

And then I remembered that Sonny was persistent as heck, and would most likely still bring his home-wrecking behind over here. I plugged in my headphones, so if he did approach me, I wouldn't be able to hear him. Call me petty, annoying, dumb or whatever, but I still felt a sense of animosity towards him. Of course I knew that I was in the wrong too, but it's not like I led him on. I told him from the jump I was in a relationship, and the our whole meeting in the library was suppose to be based on Statistics only. You don't just walk around kissing people.

Sonny indeed made his way towards me, and maybe it was the attitude that was written all over my face that pushed him away. I don't know if he knew what happened between Colby and I--it's not like he stayed in the loop with things like that, but I'm sure he sensed that something was different.

So when he approached me after class, it was somewhat expected.

"What's going on with you?" He questioned, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me back towards him. I pushed his hand off of me and gave him a look. "Don't ever grab me like that again, Sonny." I warned. He sighed and took a couple steps back. "Okay, I'm sorry. What's this attitude about though?" He questioned, crossing his arms.