25

It was finally the day that we had been waiting for--the Halloween party

It was finally the day that we had been waiting for--the Halloween party. It was only noon when I woke up from sleep, and after checking my Snapchat, it was clear that this was a big deal. Chase had already began documenting himself setting up the mansion with the help of his friends. Though Chase was white, he was surrounded by black people so much that if you just heard his voice, you would assume that he was indeed black. I didn't really like the idea of white people attending HBCUs and profiting off of the money we raised as a community, and adopting our slang, lingo, culture and the likewise, but Chase has yet to do anything controversial. I'm sure it was more so him just knowing the heat he would get for even thinking about doing something controversial.

Claire had been awake for an hour when I awoke, and was washing her TWA in the sink of the bathroom. I had only seen her hair a couple of times, and each time it was in its natural state. She had kinkier hair, a lot kinkier than mine. I'm assuming she was at least 4B or 4C, but the way she styled it gave her texture to die for.

"Good morning." I called, wiping my eyes as I entered into the bathroom.

"Try afternoon, but hey." Claire responded with a giggle. Situated on a hanger near the door of the bathroom was her costume. I could only see a glimpse of it, but I was excited to see how it was going to look on her slim thick figure.

"Alisha brought donuts if you want some. They are on the counter."

At the sound of donuts, a smile covered my face as my feet padded against the ground towards the kitchen. Much like Claire had said, there were donuts on the counter. I made a quick reminder to say thank you to Alisha the next time I saw her.

Apparently, Howard went all out on Halloween, so it was only right for me to get my hair done. It was still in its natural state, but thankfully, I had gotten some bundles in the mail just in time for Halloween. Perks of having a roommate who did hair was the fact that you didn't necessarily have to 'book an appointment' to get your hair done. Claire had promised me already that she was going to get my hair slayed and laid in time for the party at around seven o'clock in the evening.

"I heard there were donuts," A voice spoke, shaking me from my thoughts, and I moved out of the way as Carmen stepped forward. She grabbed a paper towel from the rack, and proceeded to stack three donuts on her napkin. I hadn't really heard much from Carmen since the last game, and other than the fact that we didn't have practice, I could only assume that she was out of moves. I hated to admit it but she kind of won.

It was annoying to even think about.

She got her donuts and left, and I found myself somewhat awaiting for her to come back and say something slick but she didn't.

If only things worked this way towards the beginning of the year.

It was three o'clock when Claire finally finished with my hair, and per usual, our dorm room was filled with the presence of Adele, Alisha, and Nia. They were seated on my empty bed, or on the floor, and their costumes were littered around on uniforms. For some reason, they thought our dorm room contained the most space, and saw it fit that we all get ready together, and we all arrive together. I was just hoping I had enough space to beat my face like I wanted too.