12

Well you know, part of being a dancer is being an actor as well

"Please, take a seat."
I was trying my hardest not to be nervous because I had nothing to be nervous about. For once in my life, I was being punished for something that I had literally nothing to do with. But, I couldn't help it. Last night was filled with tossing and turning trying to figure out what exactly Coach Liz wanted to talk to me about. I woke up at literally at six o'clock when Coach Liz informed me to be at her office at eight. I had my school stuff with me so I could make it to my ten o'clock class--American Literature, but I was down to being late as long as I got my point across and Coach Liz understood where I was coming from. Even though Colby told me that maybe me not leading stands this week would lead to something later, I still wasn't necessarily happy with why I wasn't leading stands.

Coach Liz fumbled with the papers on her desk and finished typing what I assumed was a email, and then turned and faced me.

"I wanted to address some things about yesterdays practice." Coach Liz began. "I'm not going to lie, a lot of what I did was uncalled for. It was very unprofessional for me to take outside matters and bring them into the dance room. And for that, I apologize."

Sighing a sigh of relief I found myself relaxing just a little bit.

"It's okay." I spoke.

"However, there are some other things that I would like to address as well. What exactly is going on between Carmen and you?" Coach Liz questioned. Raising an eyebrow, I gave her one of the most confused looks I could pull together. I genuinely was confused. I'm sure Coach Liz saw the tension between us, but I thought that she would just think it was some competition. Her addressing it meant that she heard something. Or worst, Carmen told her something.

"I'm not sure I'm following. Nothing is going on--just some not so friendly competition," I assured her. I knew there was definitely more I could say, but if I was going to handle Carmen, I planned on doing it alone--without the help of Coach Liz.

"Carmen can be pretty intimidating, and she is known for taking stuff too far. You can let me know if anything." Coach Liz warned me. I found myself wondering just how far Carmen had taken it before for Coach Liz to warn me. I took her message with a grain of salt.

"And I can't help but ask, you and Colby?"

I hadn't really planned for Coach Liz to ask me any questions about Colby, so I didn't have an answer off the top of my head. I did know, however, that Coach Liz had been very frank in the beginning about the whole No Dating Bison thing. I was already in hot water with everything with my mom, and adding Colby on top of that wasn't helping my whole 'stay on the team' act that I had going on. Per usual, I found myself panicking and probably saying a lot more than Coach Liz even cared about.

"There's absolutely nothing going on between Colby and I. I mean, he's a cool guy, yes but I definitely don't see anything in our future. Right now, I'm focusing on myself before I can worry about any guy--especially Colby Towers." I rambled on adding what I thought sounded like a genuine giggle at the end of my statement. Coach Liz didn't look too moved by act and gave me a look that said 'really?'