15

I've been by myself for the past twenty years, they don't phase me

You would think the weekend would leave me feeling refreshed, and ready for school/work week, but when Monday morning came along, I was honestly wishing I could just fall back to sleep.

I hated all my Monday classes, and I honestly wasn't in the mood to go to any of them. But, if was only the second week of school, and I needed to at least act like I cared about bar graphs, and data, and whatever the hell Statistics was even about. To be quite honest, I was probably going to sit near the back and catch some sleep that I missed out. Sunday wasn't really exciting--I hung out with Colby mostly because I didn't want to see, or talk to anyone about what happened at the game. I know they heard about it--my phone was filled with unread messages from Nia, Alisha, Adele, and even Martina, questioning how I was doing.

Truth is, I had no idea how I was doing.

Yes, the conversation I shared with my parents definitely opened my eyes a lot more, but that didn't make what they did any less terrible. This wasn't something that you could just push under the rug and handle another day--I had a brother that probably didn't know a thing about me. But hopefully, all of that would change in a matter of days. I had my whole plan set up for today. I was going to go through practice and be on my best behavior. That meant if Carmen was to come for me, I was going to hurt that little girls feeling.

After practice, I'd make my way to Coach Liz's office, and in the most respectable tone I could muster up, I was going to ask her about her son, and his relationship with my father. Coach Liz was nothing like my parents, and I feel like she'd give me a much more raw and truthful explanation because unlike my parents, she had nothing to lose. Hopefully, from there, I'd get in contact with my brother, and maybe start a relationship.

But, that will all fall in place, once I talk to Coach Liz.

It was clear my parents didn't want anything to do with this reconciliation of sorts with my brother, so they wouldn't have to be there when and if it happened.

That only made it easier for me--less problems.

Swinging my book bag over my shoulder, I pocketed my phone and headed out the door. Now that I knew where all my classes were, and just about how long it takes for me to walk there, I no longer needed to wake up earlier than planned. That, however, didn't mean that I wasn't tired, because as mentioned before, I was hella tired.

Deciding I had enough to time to stop at the cafe, I made my way inside and much to my delight, they were serving something good. Sometimes the cafe would be slacking with their menu options (and I think that was just so we could spend more money on food at the Chic Fil A on campus), but today, their sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit was actually looking decent. I was hoping I could just swipe my card and move on with my journey to class, but per usual, things don't normally work my way.