chapter nine

I tried to be cute on this one.

-

Yesterday I barely even saw you. But you seemed sad. I hate when you're sad. Your eyes seem dull and dead. Even if your beauty is the same when you're sad, your smile is out of this world. So keep smiling for me, love. Be happy like you deserve to be. 

With love,

Me

Ashton sighted and saved the note next to the other ones, as always. He was tired of not knowing this person's identity so he had a plan. He had been thinking about what Calum said about Luke writting the notes and it seemed possible since he doesn't know anyone else. 

The thought of Luke writting those beautiful things about him and being so beautifully poetic about him brought butterflies to his stomach. He really wanted i to be Luke. Unfortunately, this was a 50-50 chance and it could not be him.

At this point, Ashton was trying to not give himself too much hope and just try to figure out if it's Luke who's basically confessing his love towards him. Okay maybe they're not confessing their love but they're definitely infatuated with Ashton. 

He really wanted it to be Luke.

"Hey, Ash" Luke greeted with a smile and noticed Ashton looked a bit gone "Are you okay?"

"What? Oh yeah" he smiled "I was just reading something" This was part of the plan. He wanted to see how Luke would react to the mention of the notes. He seemed quite shy so it'd definitly cause some reaction out of him.

"Oh, really? What was it? You seem to be really into it" the blonde chuckled sweetly ans Ashton chuckled too. Luke was adorable. He shook those thoughts away and remembered the plan. He opened the note at the end of the day exactly for this reason.

"Just some note someone left for me" Ashton stared at Luke, waiting for a reaction but the boy didn't seem to flinch. He just wasn't speaking yet. Maybe he did like Ashton and it wasn't him sending the notes.

What Ashton didn't know was that Luke was completely petrified at how Ashton mentioned the notes. He didn't know what to do. 

Did Ashton know? Did he not like him back and this was his way of rejecting Luke? He didn't know.All he knew was that he couldn't give it away. He had to pretend he didn't know what was happening. 

"Notes? What kind of notes?" Ashton sighted and Luke seemed relieved when Ashton's eyes stopped staring at his intensely. His stare was intimidating.

"Someone leaves cute sticky notes in my locker everyday and I wanna know who it is so badly" he whined "It's really sweet"

"Really?" he asked as if he didn't know a thing "You get them everyday?"

"Yeah" he smiled and they both started walking out of the school gates "I even have my favourites in a different place" he chuckled "I don't know, they make me feel special" he said with a blush.

Luke blushed at how cute that was and felt so important. The notes he writes make Ashton feel special. He felt so good about himself.

"Can I see them?"

"What?"

"Can I see where you keep your favourite notes?"

"Sure. Let's go to my house then" he smiled and wrapped an arm over Luke's shoulders casually whilst walking their way to his place.

Luke felt so important and so so happy for making Ashton feel special. Because that's everything Luke ever wanted. To make Ashton feel exactly the way he is.

-

I hope this was good (I think it was. Kinda)!

Thoughts on Luke pretending he doesn't know anything about the notes and Ashton believing him? 

Don't forget to vote/comment!

Love you xx