"Poseidon was becoming restless,"

Percy's POV

I shivered as I entered my cabin, it was cold compared to the warmth of the campfire but it always was cold in here now and it was most certainly worth it to escape the pestering of the Apollo Cabin, interrogating me about my song. Like I would ever admit that I had self-taught myself guitar, it's not like anyone would care, no one ever did.

I flopped down on my bunk, almost ready to enter Morpheus' realm of dreams, when I remembered something. I carefully climbed out of the hatch I secretly got Tyson to install into the roof of the cabin during the rebuild of CHB after the war, sitting upon the roof tiles and gazing longingly up at the stars. They glowed brightly against their midnight backdrop but one constellation in particular stood out to me, even more so than the curious moon.

The Huntress gleamed down on me, almost as if saying, 'Thou has a reason for staring at thy constellation, boy.' Her voice echoed through my head in a perfect imitation of Zoë, sending chills down my spine.

Not wanting to reach the end my mind was telling me to, I stated my reasons for gazing upon her. My eyes felt like they rimmed with tears but I didn't cry. I couldn't. I was a leader, that had always been clear to me. Never once had I cried; call me heartless but it's all I could do to keep everyone together: lead.

Looking up for a final time, I sadly whispered to the fallen Hunter, "Bob says hello."

Without saying anything more, I soundlessly leaped back down through the hatch using the water particles in the air to prevent any sound that might alert someone that I was out of bed, a trick I had learnt when I was testing the limits - no, pushing myself past the limits of a Demigod during the past few months without conflict.

As I struggled to drift off to what would most likely be a restless sleep I realised something,
Bob was the father of Atlas,
Atlas was the father of Zoë.
That makes Zoë Bob's granddaughter,
Zoë is Stars.
Bob's final wish was to tell the stars - his family- hello.

Then, for the first time since my Demigod life began, I let a few tears escape me - but I wiped them away quickly and balled up my fists.

Leaders don't cry, Jackson, I angrily thought to myself. Get a hold of yourself!

I couldn't stop myself though. More and more tears fell like a hole in a dam, the pressure causing the one crack to burst into a large explosion. The tears felt foreign to my cheeks, I hadn't cried in so long -this facade of being a strong independent leader was slowly killing me.

Was it Poseidon? Was this his way of telling me to hurry up and leave?

I couldn't understand any of it. Questions plagued my mind and I tossed and turned that night, paranoia and raging emotions occupying my mind to heavily for sleep.

One thing I knew for certain was that Poseidon was becoming restless, I would have to hurry if I wanted to leave with my life.