"What are you up to?"

A/N: Please ignore the sudden POV shift to first person. I was halfway through doing a massive rewrite of the series and then I realised that I was going to have to rewrite the plot because I wanted to change the storyline and generally I feel like my style's changed a lot. So then I stopped, and couldn't access the old versions... so yep, very sorry.

Jason's POV

I walked out of the Pavilion and headed over to the forge, I hadn't seen Leo this morning and this was the only place he could be after checking Bunker 9. I knocked on the cabin's mechanical door, knowing better than to just blindly enter, and Nyssa opened the door.

"I'm assuming your hear to see Leo, right?"

I nodded and Nyssa led me in, the door closing behind us with various sounds of whirring and cogs turning. I ducked as a miniature celestial bronze helicopter barely missed my head, an apology was yelled in my general direction so I waved at them in response.

I looked around the cabin. The walls were a metallic bronze with steel patches hammered on where the bronze had rusted and personal blueprints fastened to the wall by their owners' bunks, the ceiling was similar but without blueprints and the floor was cluttered with inventions, materials and dust bunnies.

Nyssa continued over to Leo's bunk and sat on it, she gestured for me to go sit next to her and I complied. She pressed a few buttons on the panel next to it and I was unsettled when the solitary bunk jolted down into the ground. The room we descended into was surprisingly well lit despite it being underground and the area was moderately clean for a secret forge.

I saw Leo hunched over a set of blueprints, complaining aloud to himself. "I swear to the gods I'm going to kill Percy for this.. I mean seriously, does the dude give me any instructions on how to make the stupid thing - yes, he does - but does he give me them in a language I can understand - no he does not.. But tru-"

I coughed behind him and he turned to face us.

His hair was disheveled and a pencil poked out from behind his ear, he grinned at us with tired eyes as he leaned back on the worktop. He drummed his fingers along the wood, "So what brings you two here?"

"Ask Jason that, I'm out." Nyssa plonked herself back on Leo's bed and she disappeared from my view. I turned to face Leo and his shoulders slumped.

"But seriously, Leo, what are you up to?" I asked him, "You've been down here all morning and I highly doubt you had breakfast.."

I trailed off and he sighed, looking off to the side. He smiled at me cryptically, "Well, I can't exactly tell you, I mean, if I could, then I would - but I can't. You see?"

I shook my head.

"Well I can show you the blueprints but I can't tell you what they're for." Leo pushed himself off the worktop and waved me over. I stood next to him and peered at the blueprints. I couldn't read it.

The words were foreign to my eyes as they jumbled before me, I squinted at it and pushed my slipping glasses back up my nose. I looked over at Leo, "Well if you want to know what it means, I don't recommend asking me - the guy with glasses and dyslexia - but maybe try asking Frank, Chiron or Percy? I don't think Chiron would mind reading it to you, Frank wouldn't either, and Percy gave it to you."

Leo nodded, a grin forming on his face. He rolled the blueprints up and we headed to where his bed was. He rummaged around one of the pouches of his tool belt and pulled out a remote, he fiddled with the buttons and his bunk came down. We sat on it and re-entered the noisy work area of Leo's siblings. We walked to the door, Leo stopping now and then to give advice to his cabin mates.

Leo broke into a run as soon as we left the cabin, heading straight for the Big House. I set off after him, using the wind to help me catch up with the speedy son of Hephaestus.