9. Sophia

"Hi!" The little girl yells, waving her hand at the frozen strangers at their door. She has blonde pigtails and little freckles on her face. She looks maybe 4 or 5.

The big man immediately reaches for her arm and pulls her behind him. "Ouch daddy, that hurt my arm!" She yelps from behind him.

"Please, don't hurt us I beg of you. Please don't hurt her," his shaky voice let's out as he stares at Louis. His eyes full of fear.

"We're so sorry mate, we wouldn't do anything to hurt you or your little girl. We were just looking through the rooms, searching for anything we could use," Harry calmly explains.

"Oh," the man replies. Harry reaches his hand out, Louis protectively staring at his hand as he goes to shake the bigger mans hand.

"My name's Harry, this is Niall, Zayn and Louis," he points out with his other hand.

"Liam. And this is Sophia."

Sophia jumps from behind him and gives the boys a wide grin.

"Come see my toys!" She grabs the blonde lads hand, his face instantly turns pink and he smiles, almost dragging him and leads him inside the house.

"Um, please, come in." He scratches the back of his neck and chuckles a bit, watching Niall get dragged by Sophia.

The boys enter and are met with a small flat. Sofa, tv, a small bedroom to the left and a kitchen to the right. Liam closes the door behind them while the boys take a look around.

"Please, make yourselves at home." Liam offers, directing them to the sofa.

Zayn sits, Harry next to him, and Louis, still standing, moves so that he's close to Harry.

"And this one's my favorite.." Sophia's giggles can be heard all throughout the house. Niall laughing too, good thing she's bringing his spirit up.

"So, how'd you guys end up here?" Liam ask, curiosity taking over.

"We came from an old building down the road. It got overrun and we had to leave.. one of our friends.. um.. didn't make it," voice going lower as he speaks of the fallen lad.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost a few people too. My family, friends... The mother to my daughter... All because of stupid mistakes in this horrible world." His head is now in his hands, elbows on his legs. He seems broken, as if at any point he's gonna lose it.

He lifts his face, now looking at each boy and giving a small grin, "But I keep going. Not for myself, but for her. She shouldn't have to deal with this." As soon as he says that, Sophia comes running into the living room, toys in hand. Niall follows behind, his hands also filled with toys.

"Come play! Come play!" She chants excitedly, giving each boy a stuffed animal. She hands Zayn a Lion, Harry a frog, Louis a hedgehog, and Niall a bird. The boys, a bit shocked, smile.

She then turns to her father and goes to hand him his but notices the tears forming in his eyes. "Don't cry daddy, I didn't forget you." She hands him a dragon and makes a fire-breathing noise. He accepts the dragon, a huge grin forming on his face as he goes to hug the little girl.

"You're the best Sophie!" He yells as he lifts her into the air. She giggles histerically as he gives her raspberries on her belly. He puts her down and looks at the lads.

"How about we get you lads some new clothes?"

The rest of the day was spent looking through Liams clothes. All the boys had decent pants and shirts, the only problem was the size difference between Louis and Liam. He tried giving the smaller lad all the clothes that fit him tight. They all managed to fit him baggy, a frown permanently marked on his face while Harry chuckled under his breath, hoping Louis didn't hear him.