Chapter 23.

"Where in the world were you so long?" Blake asked us as we walked back to where the four were sitting.

"Oh my god! Kennedy, is Ryder holding you captive? Blink twice if yes," Mike said when he saw Ryder's arm around me.

"Relax," I said and rolled my eyes.

I pushed Ryder's arm off me and sat down next to Blake again. Ryder sat in the chair opposite of me and just watched me.

I raised an eyebrow, asking him what he was doing but he just chuckled and shook his head.

"Um..guys?" Blake asked.

"What?" Ryder and I asked.

"Does anybody know how long we have until the party?"

Oh, that's right. I completely forgot the whole reason we were even at the mall. And I hadn't even bought anything yet! God damn it.

"We have about 20 minutes," Justin answered, checking his phone.

"Then shouldn't we go back to the hotel?" Blake said.

"Ugh, fine," I groaned, even though I hadn't bought anything. "Let's go."

We threw away all of the trash and then walked through the mall to get outside.

As we were walking through the doors a guy about my age winked at me while passing us. Ryder shot him an evil glare and protectively put an arm around my shoulders. Or should I say possessively? Doesn't matter...

I grabbed his hand that was hanging around me and squeezed it reassuringly.

"You know," I said as we walked down the street. "Once we get back you're gonna have a big problem."

"Which would be?"

I turned my head to look at him and smiled sweetly .

"My brother."

He got a little tense but kept his cool.

"It'll be fine. You're brother loves me," he said confidently.

"Whatever you say."

___________________

"Where is this place again?" one of the guys asked.

"Just down the street," Ryder answered and pointed towards it.

The whole team was walking towards the house where the party was. Everybody had come because they all said they wanted to celebrate in the typical high school way.

I didn't know why we couldn't just go celebrate at a bar or actual club or something but I guess a party wouldn't be that bad.

If you were wondering what I had decided to wear, due to the warm weather, some black jean shorts, a white crop top and I stole a gray flannel from Ryder.

It was already dark outside but luckily it was still warm so no one needed a sweater or a jacket.

"This is it?" Mike asked as we stopped in front of a large house.

It was three stories high and a gray and white color. The front yard was pretty big and the front door was big and made out of wood.

There were people outside drinking and talking on the lawn because it was probably too loud outside. You could hear the music all the way out here, even with the door closed. There were even two people passed out on the lawn.

Suddenly, a girl in bra and underwear ran past us and to the back of the house.

"If this is what a party looks like when they don't win, I don't wanna find out what happens if they do," Blake said.