Chapter 4.

Dylan pulled into our driveway and turned off the car.

We got out and walked into our house. Immediately, a small body rushed towards us and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Kenny! You're back! I missed you! Oh, and you too Denny!"

When he was younger, he couldn't pronounce 'Dylan' and since it rhymed with Kenny, the name stuck.

"I missed you too, Naty! How was your first day of school?" I picked him up and carried him on my hip to the kitchen where my mom was cooking.

"It was so cool! I made two new friends and this year I got a blue seat instead of a yellow one!"

"That's amazing, buddy!" Dylan said and hugged our mom.

I gave her a side hug with Nathan still on my hip and said hello.

I walked over to the kitchen island and placed Nathan on it.

"How was your day, guys?" my mom asked while she put some plates of spaghetti in front of us.

I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge while answering. "It was good. The teacher's not that nice but I also made a friend."

"That's great, honey! And how about you Dylan?"

I sat down and opened my water bottle. I drank some water as he answers.

"Mine was good too. I met some people too. I invited two of them over tonight. Their names are Ryder and Blake."

My eyes bulged out of my head and I spat out my drink.

"Kennedy!" my mom scolded while I coughed.

"You're not gonna let them come here on a school night, right?" I asked.

"I don't see why it's a problem. As long as they're gone before 10 o'clock."

Thank for the backup, mom.

Dylan gave me a funny look.

"Can I meet your friends, Denny?" Nathan excitedly asked.

"Sure, buddy."

"Actually," I cut in. "Nate, I was thinking about taking you out for celebratory ice-cream today."

"But can't we eat celebrity ice-cream here? I really want to meet Denny's friends."

I groaned. "Fine."

"Oh, by the way, your father and I will be leaving at around 6 tonight because his partner at work invited us for dinner."

"So you're gonna leave me here with four boys all on my own?" I asked, with my mouth wide open.

"You'll be fine," she reassured and started to clean up.

"Calm down, sis. You haven't even met them yet. Maybe you'll like them."

Yeah, I don't think so.

"Why are you even friend's with them? Aren't they a year below you?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends. And besides, they pretty much act like seniors anyway."

Yeah, I doubt that.

I pushed my plate forward and let my head fall onto the table counter. "When are they coming?"

"Like around 5:30pm."

Okay, that was like 2 and a half hours from now.

I let out a deep sigh and stood up. I put Nathan down and held out my hand.