Chapter 1.

"Kennedy! Get your ass up or I'm eating your breakfast!" my older brother called.

I rolled over onto my stomach and snuggled my head into my soft pillow.

"Just a few more minutes," I muttered into my pillow with all the strength I had.

Suddenly, my door slammed open and someone jumped on top of me, knocking the air out of me. I let out an 'umph'.

"Hurry Kenny! He's eating your pancakes!" my younger brother frantically informed me.

He was always on my side, no matter what. He was almost more protective than my older brother, Dylan.

I pushed my brother off of me and sat up.

"Then you have to protect them from him!" I told him and he excitedly jumped off my bed and ran out the door, making sure I still had breakfast for later.

I yawned and stretched my arms, before standing up and walking into my bathroom.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Kennedy Andrews. 17 years old and I'm starting my junior year. Daughter of Isabelle and Micheal Andrews. I have two brothers. One was a year older than me. His name is Dylan. My younger brother's name is Nathan. He is 6. I know, it's quiet an age difference.

My family and I moved to Florida two weeks ago because of a job offer that my dad got. It wasn't really a problem for me to move since nothing was keeping me there. I didn't really have any close friends.

I was't a social outcast or anything but some people were just afraid me. Maybe it was the fact that I didn't smile at everyone I saw or that I kept to myself.

The girls at my old school were just to...girly. Everything revolved around clothes, make-up and boys for them.

Sure, I like to wear clothes, maybe put on some mascara and look at a boy, but I wasn't obsessed like they were. I would much rather ride on my motorcycle or toilet paper someone's house. Yes, I was that girl.

I could have hung out with the guys but they were just plain douchebags, so I kept to myself.

Maybe all that was going to change this year. Who knows? Maybe I would meet some people that had similar interests as me. And if I didn't, that wouldn't bother me either.

I finished with my shower, brushing my teeth and hair and all that stuff.

I walked over to my closet and put on some black ripped jeans and a maroon shirt. I pondered if I should take my jacket but then decided against it because it was already quite warm outside. I let my light brown hair fall down in its soft waves and put on some make up.

I grabbed my phone and backpack before running down the stairs and into the kitchen. Nathan did a good job of defending my breakfast because my stack of pancakes was sitting safely behind him on the counter.

Him and Dylan were having a staring contest, probably about who would get my breakfast.

I walked past them and pat Nathan on the shoulder.

"Good job, soldier," I said and started to eat my breakfast.

Being pleased with himself and his great job, he sat down next to me and stuck his tongue out at Dylan.

Dylan stuck his tongue out in return and then looked at me. "Next time I won't be so nice."

After putting my empty plate in the dishwasher I walked up to him and cupped his face with my hands. I had to look up a little bit since he was taller than me.

"Is someone mad they didn't get enough special first-day-of-school-breakfast? I can always tell mommy to write you a note for lunch to make you feel better," I teased.