“You too.”

“What?” Niall croaked, looking up at me slightly.

“Last night you said you loved me,” I shuffled my feet, “Well I love you too.” I walked away and closed the door before he could say anything. I never told anyone, except for my family, that I loved them. That’s because I never have been in love with anyone, or loved by anyone. But Niall was different. Different in every way possible. I was lost in my thoughts of Niall when the phone rang. I sighed and headed to the cordless phone and brought with me to the couch “Hello?”

“Zayn? You’re okay? Thank God. It’s Officer Devine. I’ve some news.” I had completely forgotten about Officer Devine, “One of the hybrids was found dead.”

“I know that already.”

“How?”

“Another hybrid killed him.”

“How do you know this? Are you keeping something from me? Zayn you need to tell me everything you know now.” Officer Devine yelled through the phone’s line as he jumped to so many conclusions, “Don’t be selfish. You’re putting the entire town at risk.”

“There’s so much I’m keeping from you.” I snarled, hanging up the phone. It made me so mad how Officer Devine wanted to take Niall away from me. I just got him back and I wasn’t ready to give him away just yet. I threw my phone at the wall and it shattered as it made contact. It felt weird to be this angry. I was never this angry. I heard a creak coming from my bedroom door, but I ignored it as I went on with my rampage. I ran over to my island and pushed everything onto the floor, everything made of glass breaking as it hit the ground.

I heard Niall run over to me and he grabbed my arms, trying to calm me down, “Zayn! Stop it!” He shouted, “Stop it! What’s the matter?” He shook me gently as I tried falling to the ground, but found myself leaning into his bare chest once again, “Talk to me Zayn. Please.”

“I’ve had it.” I cried, my tears rolling off my cheeks and onto his chest, “With everything.” I was telling the truth. Nothing seemed fair anymore. I messed everything up and whenever I tried to fix something, something else went wrong. Niall bent down and picked me up bridal style and walked me to the couch and sat down, letting me lay on his lap with my head deep in his abdomens.

“Zayn…” Niall whispered.

“I’ve ruined everything, Niall. Everything’s my fault. I thought I could fix this but I can’t. We’re in so much danger; I’m tired of pretending that we aren’t. Head Officer Devine just called me. He’s out to get you now because of me. I just got you back and I’m not ready to give you away yet. Harry’s still out there, but he can’t be stopped. He can hear what we say. There’s no way to plan against him. He’ll know our moves and know how to beat us. Niall, he’s already won.”

Niall remained silent for a moment, just letting me cry into his stomach. I sensed him thinking of what he could say to make things better, but nothing really could. I was tired of hearing my sobs so I continued to speak, “And I’m useless in this battle because I can’t go anywhere or do anything without having a panic attack because I’m some sick diseased idiot. I’m in way over my head and I’m bringing everyone down with me. I want to leave, but we can’t. Not with Harry out there. He’ll find us. And so will Officer Devine. They both will find us and kill us both.” I wanted to punch something, but that would mean punching Niall, and I couldn’t do that.

“Zayn, listen to me,” Niall cooed, lifting me up so was I sitting, “Nothing’s your fault. You didn’t let Liam and Harry escape. You weren’t the one to make Harry go crazy by killing Liam. If that police guy comes for me, I’ll snap his neck before he can reach for his gun. We can stop Harry. You and I. We’re strong enough. I know that.” Niall caressed my jaw line with a single finger and tilted my head so I was looking at him, “And don’t worry, I’m not ready to leave you either. I don’t think I’ll ever be ready to leave you. Like I already said, I love you.”

He pulled me closer and planted a light, simple, yet powerful kiss on my lips. As he pulled away I ducked my head under his chin and rested it against his neck. Niall really did make me feel better, “I have some apologies to make.” He hummed. I could feel the vibration of his voice because of my head was, “I’m sorry about last night.”

“We already talked about that.”

“No. About after that."

“Oh.” My thoughts shifted to what happened last night while we were trying to sleep, “I’m the one who should be sorry. I was the one who freaked out.”

“But I knew you weren’t ready. I was pressuring you.”

“You weren’t. I wanted it just as much as you did. It just… It was going to hurt.”

“Babe, and that’s why I’m sorry.”

“And I already forgave you. We’ll just have to work towards it. I’ll be able to take it soon. I know it. I’ll try for you at least.” I said, inhaling his scent. I was rather embarrassed that I was so scared last night when he asked to do it. I really wanted to, but after we fooled around and he was about to slip inside, I just lost control and had another small episode. I wasn’t stable. I never will be.

“I also had a dream.” Niall whispered.

“You mean a nightmare?”

I could tell he was smirking as he nodded his head, “Yes. There was a knock at your door. You went to answer it and –” Niall was cut off by a small knock on my door. I felt him tense as I untangled myself from him and headed to the door, “Please don’t answer it.”

“It could be anyone, it’ll be okay.”

“But, Zayn. My dream.” He pleaded, standing up, yet I still reached for the handle. I unlocked my door and opened it quickly. There stood a man I had never recognized, but Niall came to my side and put his arm around my hip, as if he was claiming me as his.

I swallowed, not really liking the sudden tension, “And who are you?” I asked.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Well hey how're you? I'm good, thanks for asking. HAVE YOU MISSED THIS STORY??? I'M SORRY IT TOOK FOREVER LOL OOPS. UMMM, THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS, A LOT SHIT WILL HAPPEN. I'M MAKING THIS STORY REALLY LONGER THAN HOW I ORIGINALLY PLANNED, BECAUSE I'M ADDING LIKE A THIRD HALF TO IT!!! HAHA. SO, WHO DO YOU THINK IS AT THE DOOR, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WERE DOING AT NIGHT ;) TELL ME WITH A COMMENT!! THE MORE COMMENTS AND LIKES THE MORE WILLING I AM TO UPDATE! I LOVE YOU ALL

FAN
VOTE
COMMENT