The writing was surprisingly neat. Maybe Mia has done this before. Shaking my head, feeling sick, I withdrew my phone and dialled my mother's number. Not even sure what I was going to say, I pressed the phone to my ear. It rang out. I tried two more times, before letting out a groan of frustration.

Feeling slightly panicked and not sure what to do next, I found myself dialling 000. I directed my call to the police. I explained what happened and they said they were sending someone out.

Glancing down at the time, I shook my head. I was going to miss swim practise.

Sighing, I walk to my porch and sit heavily. I send a text to Harvey, saying I would be late.

After twenty minutes of staring vaguely around at the mess, a police officer arrived. It was kind of a blur. They asked me a series of questions, including where my parents were. I told them mum was at work, leaving out the fact that she hasn't come home for three days.

"If you could just step back," he states, waving towards me. "I'm going to take some photos."

Nodding, I step out of the way. He called something on the radio and soon after, a van pulled up. They began to put tape in weird places and tested for fingerprints. I watched them silently as I chewed at my lip.

They didn't seem very committed to the crime scene. Well, I was calling it a crime scene. They kept saying since no one actually broke in, it wasn't that serious. Serious, my ass. They graffited my garage door.

I lean against the police car as they drag this whole thing out. School had well and truly started. Finally, they were finished and said they would be in contact with me.

"Can I start cleaning now?" I asked.

"Yes. Usually, you would have to wait. But as-"

"No one broke in-" I mutter.

"-You can begin cleaning," he finished, giving me a tight-lipped smile.

They piled into their cars and left. I pulled out my phone and began searching for cleaners. Like hell I was going to give them the satisfaction of knowing I cleaned up their mess. After getting in touch with a man named Tony, he said he would bring a crew out at 1pm. I wasn't going to be here, I planned to go confront Mia.

Staring at the mess before my eyes, one more time, I turn, my face twisting into a pure look of fury. A couple, in their mid-sixties, who was out walking, stopped and stared openly at my house. I shrug my bag onto my shoulder and ignore them.

The closer I got to school, the angrier I felt. Mia was going to pay for this.

I had taken mere steps into school when people began staring. Everyone knew. It's beyond me how they knew - but they did. People began following me, to see where I was going. The look on my face probably gave me away.

I walk into the hallway, where everyone had just entered, ready to deposit their books into their lockers before heading to lunch. Mia was there, surrounded by her 'Elite' group, talking and laughing.

She wouldn't be laughing much longer.

"Hold this," I snap, not even looking at the person who I spoke to as I threw my bag at them. I heard an oomph sound as my bag collided with them.

Stalking towards the group, Mia turned to me, a sickeningly sweet smile stretched across her face.

"Missed you at swim practise this morning," she says, mock sadness filling her voice.

Not hesitating for even a second, I reach out and grab a fistful of her hair. I slam her head into the locker behind her as hard as I could. A scream left her lips as she made contact with the hard metal.