Chapter 7: Joel's trial

I woke up slowly to the sound of Larry saying my name and gently shaking my hammock. "Time to get up Niamh,"  he said quietly. "Thanks Larry," I smiled at him. I love Larry, he's like the father figure of the camp and I think everyone needs that. Once I got up, I headed to the dunny area to freshen up and I was met by Adam and Wayne up there. "Morning Niamh," Wayne said to me. "Hey Niamh," Adam said also. "Morning guys. What's up?" I asked them, as I fixed my hair. "Nothing much," Wayne replied. "Any idea who will be doing this trial today?" Adam asked us. "I have no idea but honestly I would like to do it," I replied. "You'd be good at it," Adam smiled. "Yeah you would," Wayne smiled also. "Aww lads, you flatter me," I jokingly said as the three of us laughed and walked back into the main camp. Joel was sitting on the mat we were given for exercise doing some sit ups so I went over to him and sat on the ground beside him and said, "Morning Joel." "Morning Niamh," he replied as he sat up straight to face me, "You have a good sleep last night?" "Yeah it was decent enough," I chuckled, "How about you?" "Yeah it was good," he smiled, "So who do you think will be doing the trial today?" "If I'm honest I really would like it to be me," I told him. "You'd do good if you did," he smiled at me. "Aww Joel, you're too kind," I laughed making him laugh too, then Sam called everyone around the fire as Ant and Dec were about to show up.

"Good morning everyone," Dec said as him and Ant entered the camp. "Morning," we all said in return. "The public have been voting for who they want to face the next trial and in no particular order..." Ant said before he started to say names.
"Carol, the public have decided, it's not you."
"Jordan, it's not you."
"Wayne, it's not you."
"Ola, it's not you."
"Sam, it's not you."
"Niamh, it might be you."
"Adam, it's not you."
"Larry, it's not you."
"Scarlett, it's not you."
"Which means Joel, it might be you."
"The celebrity that the public voted for to face today's trial is... Joel," Dec said. "Joel get yourself ready and we'll see you at the Bush Tucker trial clearing in a little while," Ant told Joel before him and Dec left the camp. Everyone started to wish Joel good luck and I stood up and went over to Joel who was looking a bit anxious. "You'll do great Joel, I know it," I told him. "Thank you Niamh," he smiled. I gave him a hug and gave me a small kiss on his cheek before letting go and following him to the bridge with Adam following close behind. "You'll do grand mate," Adam told Joel, giving him a hug. "Thanks man," Joel replied. "You better bring back food," I laughed as I hugged him again. "Oh thanks for the support," Joel said sarcastically but still laughed before he started to walk across the bridge. "You're such a great friend," Adam laughed sarcastically. "I only do it to the people I'm closest to," I winked back. "I hope that includes me," he said as we both walked back to camp. "Of course Adam," I smiled at him. "You, Joel, Wayne and the rest of the camp are some of the most amazing people I've ever met, apart from my mum and my band mates obviously," I laughed and he started to laugh too.

I must of fallen asleep because I was slowly woken up by Ola gently shaking my hammock and quietly saying, "Niamh, babe. Time to wake up. Dinner will be soon." "Oh thanks Ola," I said as I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "How long was I asleep for?" "About an hour," she replied, "Joel's back now and I think he wants to talk to you." "Oh okay, tell him to come on up," I smiled at Ola. "Will do," she replied before walking away. I sat up in my hammock and Joel came up beside me and said, "Hey sleepy head." "What's up, you retard?" I chuckled. "Oi, don't call me that," he laughed. "I only do it because I love you," I laughed back. "Well in that case, nothing much dickhead," he winked at me, making me roll my eyes and smile. "I wanted to talk to you when I got back but everyone said that you had fallen asleep so I didn't want to disturb you," Joel said. "Aww Joel you should have woke me, I wouldn't have minded," I said, "But anyways how many did you get?" "Well I got over five," he winked. "So you got six?" I joked. "Nope... I got ten!!" He cheered. "Oh my gosh Joel that's amazing!! I knew you could do it," I said excitedly as I hugged him tight. "I guess your faith in me motivated me," he smiled looking into my eyes. Then he started to lean in and so did I but before anything could happen, my hammock tipped over and we both ended up on the ground and we were met by Adam and Wayne crouching by us and laughing. "I'm gonna get you two," Joel and I both said before we started chasing after the two guys with all four of us and the rest of the camp in a fit of laughter.