Chapter 5: The first trial

I woke up slowly and I stretched in my hammock. Today's the day that the first trial begins and we're all curious to see who's doing it because we weren't told who was immune from it and who wasn't. Adam and Wayne were sitting by the fire so I went down and sat beside them. "Morning guys," I said to them as I sat down on the same log as Wayne. "Morning Niamh," Adam replied smiling. "Ya have a good sleep?" Wayne asked. "Yeah it was pretty decent," I chuckled, "How about you two?" "Still a bit weird sleeping outdoors but hopefully I'll get used to it," Adam laughed. "So I see you and Joel have formed a bond," Wayne smiled at me. My cheeks started going red as I thought about it. "Yeah looks like it," I smiled trying to hide my red face but failing as Wayne caught. "Awwww your face is red," he laughed hugging me from the side and shaking me. "Shut up," I giggled as he let go. Once everyone had woken up, we all sat around the fire and waited for Ant and Dec to show up. "Do you think you'll be doing the trial?" Joel asked me. "I'm not saying I wouldn't be picked but there is a fair chance I'd be doing it because honestly I wasn't out on that plank for long," I replied looking into his eyes which were mesmerising to say the least. "You were amazing out on that plank though, that's one of your biggest fears and you walked right up to it and kicked it in the crotch," Joel joked which made me smile. "But you were amazing too. I mean you're scared of heights too and you fucking nailed that trial," I replied. "Aw now, I can't take all the credit," he said sarcastically as I nudged his shoulder making us both laugh.

After talking to everyone for a while we heard Ant say, "Morning celebrities," as him and Dec came walking down the trail into the camp. "As you know you all took part in trials two days ago and the six celebrities that won their trials will be immune from today's trial," Dec explained. "So I can now reveal that in the trial faced by the "city celebrities," Carol came in first with a time of 60 seconds. Adam came in second with a time of 66 seconds and lastly Joel came in third with a time of 68 seconds. So that means Niamh and Jordan, you two will be facing today's trial," Ant told us and my stomach started to tighten at the thought of doing this trial. "And in the trial Wayne, Ola and Sam competed in, Wayne came in first with a time of 57 seconds and Ola came in second with a time of 55 seconds and in the trial between Larry and Scarlett, Larry won so Sam and Scarlett will also be facing the trial today," Dec said looking at us all. "We'll see you four down at the Bush Tucker trial clearing in a little while," Ant smiled at us. "Bye everyone," the two of them said before leaving. I stood up and took in a deep breath, trying to stay calm even though I was mentally shitting my pants. I walked over to Sam, Scarlett and Jordan and Jordan said, "Looks like we're doing this then." "We got this guys," Sam smiled as the four of us group hugged. I turned around to face Joel and he pulled me in for a tight embrace and whispered, "You can do this. I believe in you," into my shoulder so only I could hear and he placed a kiss on my cheek. "Thank you Joel," I replied and once we pulled away, Sam, Scarlett, Jordan and I headed off.

We walked through to the Bush Tucker trial clearing and we were greeted once again by Ant and Dec. "Hi guys," Ant said as we walked in. "Hello," the four of us replied. "Welcome to the first Bush Tucker trial of the series," Dec continued. "Thank you," Sam and Scarlett said. "How're you all feeling about it?" Dec asked. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," Jordan said making us all laugh. "Well let us explain it to you," Dec said. "This is the Tomb of Torment," Ant stated, "You'll all be strapped up in the underground tomb. You must endure 10 minutes down there and each minute you all spend in there gets you one star." "If at any point you wanna get out of there, just "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" and we'll stop the trial and get you out of there as quickly as we can but that will mean you leave empty handed," Dec told us. We all looked at each other and then I said, "I don't think we'll be backing out that easily." "Okay then, let's get you all ready," Ant said.
*Skip to end of trial as this chapter is getting lengthy*
"So how'd you find it?" Ant laughed as the four of us were jumping around trying the get the cockroaches out of our clothes. "What do you think mate?" Jordan asked sarcastically as he tried to shake stuff out of his hair. "Well I can tell you that you all successfully did the challenge for the whole 10 minutes which you all got 10 meals for camp tonight," Dec told us. "Yes nice one," Scarlett squealed as she hugged me and I hugged back. "I'm proud of us," I smiled at the other three. "Me too," Sam replied. "Anyways we'll let you get back to camp and tell everyone the good news and we'll see you all soon," Ant said smiling. "Thank you," me, Scarlett and Sam said. "Cheers guys," Jordan said also as we all left to head back to camp.